OC in GA

340mopar

.45 Randall 1911/Glock 21
how many of you in GA Open Carry, and how many out of State do the same?

I don't open carry only because I believe it causes more problems than what it's worth. I also believe in the element of surprise should a confrontation occur.

...only when I got out of my truck when I get home and walk to the mail box. Or when I walk from my truck on the path to the outdoor range at Chestnut Mountain off GA 136.

But as RonWill stated, too much trouble to ask for." Eeeek, he's got a gun! Call 911!"

You never know until you try. I openly carried for almost 2 years with no problems until last August. Still OC most of the time. Pay attention and you'll be alright.

Openly carry quite frequently. Haven't had the cops called (darn it, I Need the money, too!:biggrin:).

Withdrew every cent of my checking, savings, and everything else from Wachovia when a representative whispered to me "..uhh.. just so you know...going forward....you can't carry a firearm in here..." Moved everything across the street to Suntrust that same hour.

I carry both ways,It depends on what kind of mood I`m in.In the summer It is rather difficult to conceal a firearm.

Personally, I prefer concealed. I would OC if it were generally accepted. The last time I OC'd was at the First Annual Georgia Carry Convention, last summer. Much like others, I'm really am not interested in stirring the pot. I don't need the attention. I'm content knowing I've got what I need when I need it.

What I'd really like to see is more businesses, restaurants, etc. that condone OC. I would go out of my way (and do at times) to patronize those establishments for their support. I think it would send a message to those that are fearful of firearms, giving them the notion that we that do carry (concealed or open) do so not to intimidate, or be arrogant, but to exercise our belief in the Second Amendment, as well as to provide for our own safety.

Can you imagine a couple of hundred places (say in the Atlanta/Metro area) that encouraged OC? How many of us would frequent those places on a regular basis? I know I would. There's something very comforting about being in a place full of men and women that are carrying firearms, and, as far as I'm concerned, those places are probably the safest places to be.

I've seen a map on Google that shows a handful of places that support Georgia Carry, but it shows mainly places off limits. There are a handful of places shown that are gun friendly, but I'd like to see a map with just the friendly establishments.

For the time being, I'll keep mine concealed while I'm out in public. Not everybody I come in contact with needs to know.

Personally, I prefer concealed. I would OC if it were generally accepted. The last time I OC'd was at the First Annual Georgia Carry Convention, last summer. Much like others, I'm really am not interested in stirring the pot. I don't need the attention. I'm content knowing I've got what I need when I need it.

What I'd really like to see is more businesses, restaurants, etc. that condone OC. I would go out of my way (and do at times) to patronize those establishments for their support. I think it would send a message to those that are fearful of firearms, giving them the notion that we that do carry (concealed or open) do so not to intimidate, or be arrogant, but to exercise our belief in the Second Amendment, as well as to provide for our own safety.

Can you imagine a couple of hundred places (say in the Atlanta/Metro area) that encouraged OC? How many of us would frequent those places on a regular basis? I know I would. There's something very comforting about being in a place full of men and women that are carrying firearms, and, as far as I'm concerned, those places are probably the safest places to be.

I've seen a map on Google that shows a handful of places that support Georgia Carry, but it shows mainly places off limits. There are a handful of places shown that are gun friendly, but I'd like to see a map with just the friendly establishments.

For the time being, I'll keep mine concealed while I'm out in public. Not everybody I come in contact with needs to know.

This might be helpful to you,Link Removed

YO-SAM thanks for the link but not sure of the accuracy. SC will allow you to OC IF going to and from range or hunting, link says NO. Also Ga states you can OC in your car but from what I've read on the Ga. State web site, ONLY "UNLOADED". I would ask ALL to review ALL State web sites they plan to carry in and become familiar with.

TWO ROUND BURSTS / EVALUTAE / REPEAT IF NECESSARY

YO-SAM thanks for the link but not sure of the accuracy. SC will allow you to OC IF going to and from range or hunting, link says NO. Also Ga states you can OC in your car but from what I've read on the Ga. State web site, ONLY "UNLOADED". I would ask ALL to review ALL State web sites they plan to carry in and become familiar with.

TWO ROUND BURSTS / EVALUTAE / REPEAT IF NECESSARY
In general south carolina does not allow OC,but in the case you mentioned is possible but I would double check on that to be safe.
If you have A GFL in georgia, you can have the gun loaded and keep the gun anywhere in the car that you wish.As far as reliability of open carry.Org have heard it said that they are pretty reliable.But it would not hurt to double check the sources.

How many of us are in the atlanta area that can do breakfast/lunch/dinner sometime? Lets see how many places we can find that welcome open carry.

Any takers? Anybody?

How many of us are in the atlanta area that can do breakfast/lunch/dinner sometime? Lets see how many places we can find that welcome open carry.

Any takers? Anybody?

If i`m not mistaken we can eat in most restaurants in the atlanta area without any problems.I agree we need to form a club that meets on a regular basis.I`m in.

gotta be careful with a "club". I have thought and would really like to join a "gun Club" sorrta speak but the problem I forsee in GA unless there is an exception would be the PG law. If said group is open to the Public and you meet at said restaraunt wouldnt that be a PG?

gotta be careful with a "club". I have thought and would really like to join a "gun Club" sorrta speak but the problem I forsee in GA unless there is an exception would be the PG law. If said group is open to the Public and you meet at said restaraunt wouldnt that be a PG?

Restaurants that support firearm carry would not be a problem for this activity.We would only gather in those places that support our rights, and there are a few.

isn't a meeting predetermined by a few individuals pretty much a private gathering? I see the point, but if its true we would all have lost our permits last year at the GCO convention...(?)

Anyone want to meet at New York Deli and Bagels on State Bridge for a corned beef sandwich this week?

Any takers? Anybody?

I can do it, depending on the day. I'm in Atlanta four days a week, but those days alternate sometimes.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back