obstacle course?

boris

how about some ideas for a backyard obstacle course? when i was in the guard and at the police academy, we had to run some courses navigate some obstacles and shoot bad guys. i am limited in time and space these days, but any and all ideas will be appreciated as long as they do not begin with the words" first, go to to the east side or north side......" BTDT:no:

Seeing that you live in texas there should be some good outdoor ranges in your area. Check out IDPA shooting association or uspsa websites and look for local ranges that hold competitions. There cheap to enter and you can compete with peolpe of your skill level. I'm unfortunate to live in a place where the nearest outdoor range is an hour or more away.

I need to work on that. Sad to say most of my obstacle training of late has been limited to avoiding the chairs and table in route to raiding the refrigerator. All joking aside we do need to start getting in shape for that which my be coming.

the truth is

I need to work on that. Sad to say most of my obstacle training of late has been limited to avoiding the chairs and table in route to raiding the refrigerator. All joking aside we do need to start getting in shape for that which my be coming.

most definitely. i could not find a weaver obstacle course. i am going to try to put down some ideas on paper for this today. went chocolate crazy last night. don't do that very often.

Boris, are you looking for an obstacle/confidence course like the military uses for team and confidence building exercises, or are you looking for a obstacle course that you move through and encounter shoot/no shoot scenarios, various shooting positions and related firearms employment challenges? (Like a poor man's "shoot house"?)

hi azsatt!

i have done the military type courses and a police course like you mentioned. what my plan is is to kind of combine the 2. get in shape, create a adrenellin dump, and do the shoot/no-shoot thing. my biggest problem at the moment is where. i just don't think my back yard is big enough. trampoline, a poor man's combatives work out area{ old swing set frame where i hang the bag, do rope pull ups, etc} and a small garden. is that even feasible? hk will tell you that in the past, my biggest problem has been trying to do too much toofast and then i flame out. ay ideas or suggestions is really appreciated.

As far as a "shoot or don't shoot" course, this is right in your house.

Dry fire only though.

Clear each room and the bad guy is the "light switch" or "plug outlet".

Can you find some woods, such as a national or state park? This might be where a blue gun would come in handy. There are plenty of areas out there that make natural obstacle courses.

Your yard may also be useful, depending on how you use it. If you have an alert cat or dog, wait until they're asleep and attempt to complete a series of noisy tasks in their immediate proximity, without waking them. This will improve your ability to move silently, and won't take up much space because you'll need to move slowly. Tripwires with jingle bells will help to impede your ability to move without making noises.

For more fun, have a friend set the wires up and then you do the course blindfolded. Tie an arm back to simulate an injury or tie your feet together, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Obstacle course

I commend you for your ambition. In Arizona, I used to compete in Combat shooting matches each weekend at the local rifle range. he courses of fire were set by thee outfit who sponored the shoots, and they simulated police shooting scenarios, mainly. It was good camaraderie and helped keep shooting skills in shape.

My wife said I was out of shape. I told her round is a shape:wink:

thanks everybody!!

my mother in law inherited some property and i can go there and play in the woods a little. but i am going to utilize the backyard also. thanks for the ideas. tough times are coming and i will be ready. and this is fun, especially when no one is.... motivating you in proper, efficient ,military manner. or using live fire like my academy instructor:yes4:!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back