Obama's $845 Billion Global Poverty Act Could Be Passed this Week

HK4U

Don't you just love stupidity in office? And he wants to be the leader of our country!

Link Removed

Give a man a fish & feed him 4 a day......

Man, IMHO with 1/2 the globe living in what we would call hellish poverty, Africa, Asia, etc., I think we need to look at & try to solve the very poverty I see when I drive out in parts of my own town, or other town/cities I have lived in for 30 years in the US with those 'rail-road track divides' nice mansions on one side, shanty hooches on the other.
Charity begins at home and 1/3+ of our citizens are very poor.
Teach these nations how better themselve is fine, but the U.S.
IMHO is not the 'Safeway of the World' on double-coupon day.
Parts of the USA I have seen made me weep with shame.
And parts have made me boil with anger @ the cash and lives
they take for granted as normal, looking down w/scorn on the less privileged and making fun of the poor they never knew or ever will.
I can find both in my own city, most of our patrons prolly can too.

Canis-Lupus

Even in the United States, resources are not infinite. When making the decision to spend money, Congress should determine what the best use of the money is for Americans first. Furthermore, they need to recognize that every dollar that is sent overseas is one dollar (in this case, $845 billion) less that is available to help Americans. It seems to me that Canis-Lupus, based on the content of his post, favors the expansion of social welfare programs, something that I am against. Nevertheless, he is correct that all that money that is being sent overseas and to the UN is money that should be improving America, not other countries. It's time that the U.N. and the rest of the world stopped looking at the U.S. as if it were the world's ATM.

Last edited:
I am all for

helping the poor and handicapped. i have a handicapped child my self. we should use this money for job training and stuff likethat. i highly resent the fact that normal{!!!} healthy people get paid large checks for sitting on their dorito an dr. pepper butts all day and that their only goal in life is to reproduce. the nation's economy woulddo better if we removed ourselves from the UN altogether. it is just another sad attempt at world goverment like the league of nations. this bill will probably pass because it is what liberal democratic bedwetters do best.

Just like Hillery, he has a million ideas and WE can't afford them! What a MORON he is! Remember this, when it comes time to vote and you do not like who is on the ballet, WRITE in your choice and sleep well at night knowing you didn't vote wrong.

Sooooo......

Foreclosures are way up.....
Half of Cali is on fire.......
Gas is over $4 a gallon.......
They say we are in a recession.....
Companies are having to lay people off......

And he wants to spend $845 Billion on world aid!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sooooo......

Sounds like a buracrat doesn't he?

Sooooo......

yeah he's really thinking out his @$$ huh?

I don't like this type of thing either.

But, the fact is that it doesn't require any expenditures at all. The only thing it requires is that the White House come up with a nonsense strategy. That's it. It's just a bunch of hot air and paperwork.

Link Removed. It's just a paper tiger. There's no $845 billion, no money, no spending, no $$$.

(a) Strategy- The President, acting through the Secretary of State, and in consultation with the heads of other appropriate departments and agencies of the Government of the United States, international organizations, international financial institutions, the governments of developing and developed countries, United States and international nongovernmental organizations, civil society organizations, and other appropriate entities, shall develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.

This is just a bunch of grandstanding for people to say they helped to fight global poverty, and others to say they opposed frivolous spending. It's like signing a petition and saying you're working to end genocide.

Last edited:
Sooooo......

he is the "messiah" after all, isn't he?

U Rule!

i'm going to quit my job, close my business and get on the welfare line now...Who needs to work when we have Obama?

7.62 Great Avatar, I watch the commercials only for 'So easy a Cave man...." Geiko tales. The gecko is loser kiss ass :-(
Keep on posting M8, U bring a witty E=MC2 spin into subjects it takes other like me 2 pages to sell.
Glad to have you as a member!

Canis-Lupus

7.62 Great Avatar, I watch the commercials only for 'So easy a Cave man...." Geiko tales. The gecko is loser kiss ass :-(
Keep on posting M8, U bring a witty E=MC2 spin into subjects it takes other like me 2 pages to sell.
Glad to have you as a member!

Canis-Lupus

hey - thanks. i am usually persecuted for my views + sarcasm on other 2A type sites, so this is quite welcome!

the geico commercials are some of my favorites. great marketing and 1/2 of them never speak of the product.

ya know - the high gas prices, etc. have cut into my shooting and firearm budget drastically...where is my aid?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back