Obama Uses Coffee Cup To Salute Marines

opsspec1991

Obama Uses Coffee Cup To Salute Marines

By: Neil Munro

Video: Obama Salutes Marines With Coffee Cup
Watch Obama Salute This Marine With a Latte In His Hand - National Republican Congressional Committee www.nrcc.org

President Barack Obama returned a formal military salute with a one-handed coffee-cup salute Tuesday, only a few hours after he dispatched the nation’s military on their attack mission into northern Syria.

White House aides posted the sloppy salute video on Instagram. The commander in chief offered the coffee-cup salute when he disembarked from his U.S. Marine Corps helicopter in New York, as he made his way to the United Nations General Assembly.

“President Obama just landed in New York for #UNGA2014,” says the caption. The salute is “the most important of all military courtesies,” says a manual for Marine Corps officer candidates.

“In some situations, the salute is not appropriate,” says the manual. “In general, do not salute when… carrying articles with both hands or being otherwise so occupied as to make saluting impractical,” says the manual, titled “Customs and Courtesies.”

My Thought's:
To bad he didn't slip and fall down while he's disrespecting the Marine's that are saluting the office of the president, not him per say.

missoak

I just wish there were no lid on the cup so he could have poured the coffee on his itty-bitty head.
Now that would have been some funny chit.
But seriously, as a Marine, I'd say he showed those guards total disrespect, even if he had no malice in doing so.
And maybe if asked, they didn't even notice what he did.
Commander in Chief? Ha ! More like Conundrum in Chief. I know my ideals are slanted in the other direction from his.
But I don't get how he can be consistantly out of touch with reality.

N R A

We need a coup. Not a chicken coup. As disrespectfulness goes, this is a rather small blurb on a ocean of title waves. Our Generals have had enough, and they are planning a proper future for America.

JohnD13

I read that Eisenhower, a career military man, would not salute when he was president. He said the military salutes, civilians do not. I had respect for Eisenhower. I have no respect for the organizer.

N R A

Protocol was, at one time, military saluted VIP civilians, Congresional, presidents etc, but not the other way around. Over the years, salutes now are extended both ways.

usmccpl

Its not surprising Obama treats Marines that way. Most everybody else does too, so why should he be any different. That being said I respect the hell out of my brother and sister Marines but I have NEVER known of a single person that aren't Marines that respect Marines.

Oldgrunt

Its not surprising Obama treats Marines that way. Most everybody else does too, so why should he be any different. That being said I respect the hell out of my brother and sister Marines but I have NEVER known of a single person that aren't Marines that respect Marines.

Well old son, you can now say you have met one. I was Army and served in the 3d Marine Div AO in Vietnam with them. All good troops. My son was a Marine and I also respect him. You shouldn't make blanket statements when you don't know what you are talking about!

BC1

Well old son, you can now say you have met one. I was Army and served in the 3d Marine Div AO in Vietnam with them. All good troops. My son was a Marine and I also respect him. You shouldn't make blanket statements when you don't know what you are talking about!
Gratitude for your service and for that of your son.

nosreme

That statement is preposterous--and wrong. There will always be outlying exceptions but most respect them enormously. I know I do.

the dark

Obama isn't alone: Link Removed

People do this all the time and I don't get it. Since when do a previous president's gaffes somehow absolve the current one of his responsibilities? They all merit criticism.

Regarding Eisenhower, while I respect him, the president is also the commander in chief of the military, at the top of the chain of command every military member is required to learn and respect. Reciprocating that respect is part of command.

Oldgrunt

Dark: You have just labeled yourself as an anachronism. Your statement is how things used to be but no longer. Obama has no respect for the military, or anyone else, who goes against his wishes. He seems to think along the lines of Henry Kissinger. Kissinger said, "Military men are just dumb, stupid animals, to be used as pawns in foreign policy." Consequently, Obama shows very little respect for the military in any manner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlrsk8r