Obama to now push more gun control

joespahr

Democratic thinking:

"Let's see...in 2009, we passed a health care bill that angered the grassroots in this country (by showing them what we really think about their opinions) and wound up costing us the House and our filibuster proof majority of the Senate in 2010...fast forward to 2011, let's pass some gun control so that we can anger the grassroots (some more) in this country and cost ourselves the White House, more of our House seats, and the Senate in 2012..."

Apparently, they are a party that just can't handle prosperity.

Itstjs

Political Suicide, havent any of these Politicians seen what pushing for Gun control laws do to themselves and people of their party? Id love to see them do it, and like Joespahr says, its going to cost them seats, and the White House.

santa

santa
the best way to say it is gun-control means people-control. so therefore 'only out of my cold dead fingers'. and if i may say it to the gun-grabbers WHAT PART OF 'SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED' dont you understand?

RPB

ATF study (for ban) on Imported Shotguns released 1-26-11

I searched, if this was posted I didn't see it, sorry if it was already

Those deadly bayonet lugs, flashlights, lasers and picatinny rails on shotguns are a major crime problem, aren't they?

If Jared in Tucson hadn't had a .... wait ... nevermind.

Sheesh what next?
Link Removed
They chart "Hunting Statutes by State" to justify limiting capacity
Totally ignoring home defense in hurricane aftermaths and riots and 5 home invaders/intruders.

A Mounting rail, like a Picatinny rail, mounted on top of a barrel is "sporting" but mounted to the side or under the barrel for flashlight/accessories is "non-sporting" how wack is that?

How wack is it to be forced to use a goose gun for home defense in the first place?

Wouldn't a home defense shotgun without a flashlight be more dangerous to family?
It's about control, not about safety.

And, it isn't just about handguns with bazillion capacity clips anymore.

S&W645

NRA Life Member
Guess the autoloader will make me a criminal. But which is more dangerous? An autoloader or a pump shotgun that can slam fire?

squisher

Guess the autoloader will make me a criminal. But which is more dangerous? An autoloader or a pump shotgun that can slam fire?

Slick runnin' pump that slams is faster than a semi auto.
I LOVE Winchester '97s :)

Though, using one like that can be a little hard on it...

tommyjames49

Patience all. After the next election the Senate will belong to Americans again and they will prove that O whats his name isn't a natural born american and everything passed by this imposter will be thrown out.

H

handgonnetoter

Patience all. After the next election the Senate will belong to Americans again and they will prove that O whats his name isn't a natural born american and everything passed by this imposter will be thrown out.

Well, I agree with you in your line of thinking, but I doubt that will ever happen. That would probably start some kind of race riot or something and they know it. I do believe he is going down in 2012 though. Lord please be.

Grognard Gunny

Gun-Control Effort Coming Soon From White House - Newsweek

Obama intentionally did not mention gun control in his State of the Union, but aides say that in the next two weeks the administration will unveil a campaign to get Congress to toughen existing laws.

Obama has LONG been anti gun, but has not addressed the issue when he had the Congresscritters in his lap, during the last Congress.

What makes him think that he can push anything through now? Unless he wants to send up a trial baloon to see what affect, if any, the Arizona incident has had on Congress. (It CAN be noted that Obama doesn't seem to give two hoots about what the people think.)

Since the House is firmly in Conservative hands... I don't think Obama has much chance of sneaking anything through. Not even the "mag limitation" tidbit.

Just my humble opinion and analysis, of course.

Having said that, do keep a close eye on any attempts to get the US into any antigun treaty through the UN. Only the Senate has to vote on that. COULD be a good "back door" move. (Chicago politics never change.)

If ya can't get your way fairly, cheat, back door, create a convienient "crisis", whatever it takes.... isn't the Lib/Prog motto; "The ends justifies the means!"?

GG

Democratic thinking:

"Let's see...in 2009, we passed a health care bill that angered the grassroots in this country (by showing them what we really think about their opinions) and wound up costing us the House and our filibuster proof majority of the Senate in 2010...fast forward to 2011, let's pass some gun control so that we can anger the grassroots (some more) in this country and cost ourselves the White House, more of our House seats, and the Senate in 2012..."

Apparently, they are a party that just can't handle prosperity.
Definitely seems like the one thing democrats enjoy most in life is pink slips.

Wow...at least someone in the outfit has a brain :wacko:
Note that certain shotguns may utilize adjustable butt plates, adjustable combs, or other designs intended only to allow a shooter to make small custom modifications to a shotgun. These are not intended to make a shotgun more portable, but are instead meant to improve the overall “fit” of the shotgun to a particular shooter. These types of adjustable stocks are sporting and are, therefore, acceptable for importation.
now if they could just us that brain to figure out that asinine laws dont stop criminals from doing what they do, maybe we'll get somewhere.

BlackieChan

I searched, if this was posted I didn't see it, sorry if it was already

Those deadly bayonet lugs, flashlights, lasers and picatinny rails on shotguns are a major crime problem, aren't they?

If Jared in Tucson hadn't had a .... wait ... nevermind.

Sheesh what next?
Link Removed
They chart "Hunting Statutes by State" to justify limiting capacity
Totally ignoring home defense in hurricane aftermaths and riots and 5 home invaders/intruders.

A Mounting rail, like a Picatinny rail, mounted on top of a barrel is "sporting" but mounted to the side or under the barrel for flashlight/accessories is "non-sporting" how wack is that?

How wack is it to be forced to use a goose gun for home defense in the first place?

Wouldn't a home defense shotgun without a flashlight be more dangerous to family?
It's about control, not about safety.

And, it isn't just about handguns with bazillion capacity clips anymore.

This is completely ridiculous. This is why the founders never meant for an expansive and powerful federal government. Now we have some assholes in Washington DC telling us what we can and can't have. Excuse me? We tell you what we can and can't have. @THE ATF good luck when we elect even more tea partiers and amputate your ridiculous autocratic bureaucracy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwells_22