Obama: 'I'm not going to take your guns away'

mom of 3 angels

Really??? What if you did have the votes in congress Mr. Obama??? From a campaign stop Friday 9/5/08:

Washington Wire - WSJ.com : Obama: 'I'm Not Going to Take Your Guns Away'

September 5, 2008, 2:38 pm
Obama: ‘I’m Not Going to Take Your Guns Away’
Christopher Cooper reports from Duryea, Pa., on the presidential race.

The Obama campaign talks a lot about new ideas and expanding the political map, but in the swing state of Pennsylvania, which the campaign has focused on almost exclusively since the Democratic convention, old-school issues still rise to the fore.

The latest example came Friday during a small political event at SCHOTT North America Inc., a glass factory in Duryea, Pa., where even a hand-picked crowd threw Barack Obama a curve ball.

A woman in the crowd told Obama she had “heard a rumor” that he might be planning some sort of gun ban upon being elected president. Obama trotted out his standard policy stance, that he had a deep respect for the “traditions of gun ownership” but favored measures in big cities to keep guns out of the hands of “gang bangers and drug dealers’’ in big cities “who already have them and are shooting people.”

“If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,’’ Obama said. But the Illinois senator could still see skeptics in the crowd, particularly on the faces of several men at the back of the room.

So he tried again. “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’

redboneshadow

Former Military Police
What can you expect from someone like him who speaks out of both sides of his face. I wouldn't trust him as far as i could spit.

HK4U

Really??? What if you did have the votes in congress Mr. Obama??? From a campaign stop Friday 9/5/08:

The Obama campaign talks a lot about new ideas and expanding the political map, but in the swing state of Pennsylvania, which the campaign has focused on almost exclusively since the Democratic convention, old-school issues still rise to the fore.

The latest example came Friday during a small political event at SCHOTT North America Inc., a glass factory in Duryea, Pa., where even a hand-picked crowd threw Barack Obama a curve ball.

A woman in the crowd told Obama she had “heard a rumor” that he might be planning some sort of gun ban upon being elected president. Obama trotted out his standard policy stance, that he had a deep respect for the “traditions of gun ownership” but favored measures in big cities to keep guns out of the hands of “gang bangers and drug dealers’’ in big cities “who already have them and are shooting people.”

“If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,’’ Obama said. But the Illinois senator could still see skeptics in the crowd, particularly on the faces of several men at the back of the room.

So he tried again. “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’

“If you’ve got a gun in your house, I'm not taking it,

Read that: I will wait tell you bring it out side.

I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.

read that: But I will take everone else's

Double Speak?

MP3Mogul

He's absolutely right, "HE" won't take my guns away. Not him or any other liberal minded nimwit.

If they think they can.... come and get 'em... but all you guys will see me on CNN...

Red Hat

He's told so many different stories that he doesn't know what is the truth and what's a lie! He'll never get mine, my fingers aren't cold!:angry:

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!

A woman in the crowd told Obama she had “heard a rumor” that he might be planning some sort of gun ban upon being elected president. Obama trotted out his standard policy stance, that he had a deep respect for the “traditions of gun ownership” but favored measures in big cities to keep guns out of the hands of “gang bangers and drug dealers’’ in big cities “who already have them and are shooting people.

He claims that gun control measures are keeping guns out of the hands of gangbangers and criminals. That may be the intent, but that certainly is not the actual effect. Who doesn't favor keeping guns out of the hands of people who'll commit crimes? The fact remains that his idea of "gun safety" is actually gun confiscation, and for that reason, he needs to be defeated.

Canis-Lupus

YouTube - Charlton Heston

Charlton Heston: 1923-2008. RIP.
Actor, patriot, Chairman of the NRA for four {unprecedented} terms,
and maybe soon a Prophet....?

American Rifleman June 2008:
Interview with Senator John McCain (pg 15):
Questions by NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre and NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox: "Senator, would you explain the reasons behind your opposition to Bill Clinton's ban on many semi-automatic firearms, that he mistakenly called 'assault weapons'?"
Senator McCain: "Of Course. Gun bans don't work, because they only restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens. Criminals pay no more attention to laws banning guns than they do to laws banning assault, robbery or murder."

"Bad boys! Bad boys! What ya gonna do when they come for you?"
© 'Cops'.

This post is for you MP3Mogul. CNN may be a tad busy to catch you on film, they will only have about a million other exact same stories to cover that day, and the next, and the next!

C-L :butcher:

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
YouTube - Charlton Heston

Charlton Heston: 1923-2008. RIP.
Actor, patriot, Chairman of the NRA for four {unprecedented} terms,
and maybe soon a Prophet....?

American Rifleman June 2008:
Interview with Senator John McCain (pg 15):
Questions by NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre and NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox: "Senator, would you explain the reasons behind your opposition to Bill Clinton's ban on many semi-automatic firearms, that he mistakenly called 'assault weapons'?"
Senator McCain: "Of Course. Gun bans don't work, because they only restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens. Criminals pay no more attention to laws banning guns than they do to laws banning assault, robbery or murder."

"Bad boys! Bad boys! What ya gonna do when they come for you?"
© 'Cops'.

This post is for you MP3Mogul. CNN may be a tad busy to catch you on film, they will only have about a million other exact same stories to cover that day, and the next, and the next!

C-L :butcher:

McCain is only saying what he needs to say to get votes. His lifetime voting record on gun rights suggests something completely different. See here:

Project Vote Smart - Senator John Sidney McCain III - Interest Group Ratings

Canis-Lupus

Then please give me a 3rd choice other than the trash-can 4 my ballot!
If you care to visit 'Vets and Guns' U will find I have done more McCain bashing over (stated loss-of V.A. care policies made by 'Johnny') than any unbiased moderator should ever do. Then go find how many times I have BLASTED Obama on other threads. So I'm informed or sheeple? BAAAAAAA! Whichever way ths goes someone loses something like Vets their heath care, or (stated Obama goals) our 2nd. So where is Ronald Reagan or JFK in the [miserable] choices we have in this election? Still hell-bent on shredding my ballot as in truth and for me BOTH these idiots R going to screw someone if elected, each has an aganda that means one group of citizens will lose something, except the 1% of the richest of American$ who NEVER lose Jack they can't rebound from! I can't eat my gun. I may end up too poor to own one or even worry about having anything worth stealing as a indigent, and I sure need V.A. healthcare so give me a 3rd Tat, don't just poke at one over one issue, look at the whole picture and think damage-control after our new president gets swown in for some poor millions who WILL lose something regardless of who wins! This is USA Carry so I should just post about my rights to own a gun, well done that, so I may as well quit posting anything that makes any one group of citizens P/O-ed!

Canis-Lupus :help:

Last edited:

alto

anyone who claims that more gun control will take guns out of the hands of criminals, who don't follow laws , is not only a moron, but a very dangerous moron.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Then please give me a 3rd choice other than the trash-can 4 my ballot!
If you care to visit 'Vets and Guns' U will find I have done more McCain bashing over (stated loss-of V.A. care policies made by 'Johnny') than any unbiased moderator should ever do. Then go find how many times I have BLASTED Obama on other threads. So I'm informed or sheeple? BAAAAAAA! Whichever way ths goes someone loses something like Vets their heath care, or (stated Obama goals) our 2nd. So where is Ronald Reagan or JFK in the [miserable] choices we have in this election? Still hell-bent on shredding my ballot as in truth and for me BOTH these idiots R going to screw someone if elected, each has an aganda that means one group of citizens will lose something, except the 1% of the richest of American$ who NEVER lose Jack they can't rebound from! I can't eat my gun. I may end up too poor to own one or even worry about having anything worth stealing as a indigent, and I sure need V.A. healthcare so give me a 3rd Tat, don't just poke at one over one issue, look at the whole picture and think damage-control after our new president gets swown in for some poor millions who WILL lose something regardless of who wins! This is USA Carry so I should just post about my rights to own a gun, well done that, so I may as well quit posting anything that makes any one group of citizens P/O-ed!

Canis-Lupus :help:

I'll be glad to give you a third choice, as well as a 4th. Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party, and Ron Paul as a write-in candidate.

HK4U

I'll be glad to give you a third choice, as well as a 4th. Bob Barr of the Libertarian Party, and Ron Paul as a write-in candidate.

I will agree that both are better than the two major candidates. I would especially like to see Ron Paul in the White house. Having said that though you and I both know that they can not get a majority of the votes because the vast majority of Americans believe they are not electable so in essence that makes them so. Our news media will not help either because they do not want any one other than someone from the Republicans or Democrats to be elected.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I will agree that both are better than the two major candidates. I would especially like to see Ron Paul in the White house. Having said that though you and I both know that they can not get a majority of the votes because the vast majority of Americans believe they are not electable so in essence that makes them so. Our news media will not help either because they do not want any one other than someone from the Republicans or Democrats to be elected.

Don't you mean just Democrats? Other than Fox News, most of the rest of the mainstream media has not had a nice thing to say about the McCain/Palin ticket.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryss