NYS permit renewals

JohnD13

I just saw a story on the morning news, that in response to the Binghamton shootings, there is a movement to make all pistol licenses in NY renewable every few years. I know it works (?)that way in New York city. It seems to be another reflex reaction to a tragic event, before long some legislator will see revenue to add to the budget. I think it's time to let you assemblymen know this is a bad idea.

Does anyone know what percentage of firearm crimes in NY are committed by pistol permit holders? I wouldn't think it amounts to a fraction of a percent. All the laws on the books can't prevent a deranged person from doing harm if that is their intent.

John

There is a push for a bunch of new gun control in Albany:

• A-801A, Requires the renewal of firearms' licenses after five years and the taking of a safety course outside the City of New York
  • A-3076B, Establishes a safety course requirement for firearm license
  • A-3211A, Bans the sale, use or possession of 50-caliber weapons
  • A-5696A, Requires employees of dealers in firearms and gunsmiths to submit to a criminal background check
  • A-6157, Relates to banning the possession, sale or manufacture of assault weapons
  • A-6468, Requires semiautomatic pistols manufactured or delivered to any licensed dealer in this state to be capable of microstamping ammunition
  • A-7574, Provides that collateral loan brokers shall store firearms in
  • the same manner as gunsmiths and dealers in firearms are required to store them

a801s
Link Removed
a3211
a5696
a6157
a6468
a7574

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads