NYS County map

rheaj

All,

It appears that all of the maps previously posted in the thread "county by county status" are no longer accessible. I'm not sure if this is because of an upgrade to the site that lukem did recently or what, but when I went to attach it again to this thread, the upload failed every time. I tried different formats and file sizes to no avail. I had to create an album and post it as a picture. Here is a link to it:

Link Removed

I did send the map along to lukem a couple months back asking if he could put it up in the NY section of the main site. He said he liked it, but was having computer troubles and would try to do it once he got everything working again.

Thanks,
rheaj

i have a permit from one of the grey areas but its been so long since i got one i could not comment on how it is now.

Jefferson County is grey on the map. I just had my interview and was told I couldn't get it without restrictions unless i had a high risk job or another high risk factor. But I know someone that got it through the same office within the last 2 months and they never even asked her why she wanted a carry permit and then gave her an unrestricted. So it depends on the detective handling the application.

I have property in Chemung County, right near the border of Stueben, but no dwelling, and I don't -live- there. Any chance I could qualify for a CCW somehow? I visit the property frequently and would like to be able to carry ON, and TO and FROM, the property. Whaddaya think?

I have property in Chemung County, right near the border of Stueben, but no dwelling, and I don't -live- there. Any chance I could qualify for a CCW somehow? I visit the property frequently and would like to be able to carry ON, and TO and FROM, the property. Whaddaya think?

Where is your actual residence? I'm 99% sure you can only get a permit issued from the county you actually live in, but it would still be good in whatever county as long as you follow any restrictions your county may impose.

Where is your actual residence? I'm 99% sure you can only get a permit issued from the county you actually live in, but it would still be good in whatever county as long as you follow any restrictions your county may impose.

My residence is in New Jersey, about 250 miles away from the land in Chemung Cty. I have no misconceptions that I'd qualify for a NYS CCW, but I figured I ask, anyway. Couldn't hurt! Even New York Lottery advertises: "Hey! . . . You never know!"

My residence is in New Jersey, about 250 miles away from the land in Chemung Cty. I have no misconceptions that I'd qualify for a NYS CCW, but I figured I ask, anyway. Couldn't hurt! Even New York Lottery advertises: "Hey! . . . You never know!"

New York does not isues non-resident carry permits.

Legal New York resident

You must live and be a legal resident of that county in New York.In order to even apply you need 4 character referances who live in tha county.It takes up to 6 months to get your permit and most likely be restricted.
New York does not isues non-resident carry permits.

You must live and be a legal resident of that county in New York.In order to even apply you need 4 character referances who live in tha county.It takes up to 6 months to get your permit and most likely be restricted.

All of this is very dependent on the specific county. In some cases you can get a permit from the county you run a business in, not just the county you live in.

In Jefferson County your references don't have to be residents of the same county, not sure how other counties handle that.

Up to six months? Mine took 7, and my father has been waiting about 8 or 9 for his, and it isn't even on the detectives desk yet. Some counties can process them in a month.

most likely restricted? Again, that all depends on the county.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back