NY State Permit Holders db Hacked! Check your name...

golocx4

Got Beretta's?
The site owner as his name hidden, figures.

Who's Packing? NY

Someone has put the database of all permit holders online.
Gives your name and address.

How do you feel about this.

Who is behind it? Bloombergs group, Brady Bunch, or both.

Personally, I think these hoplophobic sob's have crossed the line on this one.

Nothing like advertising to rob my house first or put your family in harms way. Totally irresponsible.

As it states, it is full of errors. This should be kept secret as it essentially advertises where robbers can score some guns. I'm glad the home security system is in order.

12 out of 15 people I looked for on the DB who have permits are not listed on it. I can only imagine how wrong much of this information is.

If your info is in that database, do a little research on FL law suits regarding similar database releases. Lawsuits here demonstrated how releasing this info was both detrimental to the community and dangerous to the individuals. Now there is a specific exemption regarding personal info of CCW licensees under Public Records laws.

Here's a reference on what Florida did after some local newspapers decided to post listings of CCW holders, including age and addresses, on their websites.

Concealed Weapons Public Record Request - Division of Licensing, FDACS

Concealed Weapons Public Records Request

On July 1, 2006, a new law went into effect that makes personal identifying information pertaining to a Concealed Weapon or Firearm license confidential and exempt from Section 119.07(1), Florida Statutes and Section 24(a), Article 1 of the State Constitution.

Exceptions to this exemption are:

* With the express written consent of the applicant or licensee or his/her legally authorized representative.
* By court order upon a showing of good cause.
* Upon request by a law enforcement agency in connection with the performance of lawful duties.

If one or more of these exceptions applies to you, please send your request and supporting documentation to Marsha Stroud, Public Records Liaison, via facsimile (850) 245-5505 or by US Mail [P O Box 6687; Tallahassee, FL 32314-6687] and your request will be reviewed and responded to accordingly.

Their are quite a few high profile names on that list...including talk radio hosts, politicians both anti-gun and pro-gun, judges, and all sorts of people. I am writing a letter to my representatives today, and one of them has his name on the list. I firmly believe that this type of information is not meant to be given out to the public without reason.

This is the 3rd gun forum I've seen this on. sometimes maybe we are our worst enemies in passing info we don't like. I checked my zip and found they missed me and one of my sons on the list with addresses but included quite a few dead people. If Erin Andrews can get her pictures down (before I saw them:mad:) we should be able to have this erased and find the weasel who started the site:angry:

The NYS Rifle and Pistol Association is working on shutting down the site.

All the publicity has caused a newspaper to pick it up though, with the website address published.
Link Removed

Maybe it's just me, but the link to the database in the first posting is not linking to a database but rather to NYS penal law on handgun ownership.

I would like to see the database as I am a former NYS peace officer and current fed who DOES NOT want my information out there!

Maybe it's just me, but the link to the database in the first posting is not linking to a database but rather to NYS penal law on handgun ownership.

I would like to see the database as I am a former NYS peace officer and current fed who DOES NOT want my information out there!

It has been taken offline. Hopefully it stays that way.

The Site has been taken down due to the pressure of groups like this one.
Unknown how many people downloaded the data bases however.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back