NWA-Mall policy

DrLewall

Charter Member
Last week, I sent an email to Terry Page, supervisor for NWA Mall Security, asking him what the policy was for carrying concealed at the mall. I never heard back from him.

This morning I called the mall office. The young lady who answered the phone did not know the answer to the question so she offered to find out and call me back, which she did.

The mall policy is no concealed weapons. I then asked her if the mall was going to be responsable for my security and she replied, "there are two police stations in the mall, one down by Dillards and the other one at Sears and there are policemen on duty". I told her that that was not very comforting and that I will not be shopping at the mall until that policy is changed.

So there it is, the "sheeple" are massing at the slaughter pen, aka, NWA Mall.

I will either not go into one of the killing zones or will enter a door and not see the sign.

Personally, if I go to the mall, I will not disarm..the worst the mall can do for me is ask me to leave..no one needs to know that I am carry'n..and I think I can keep it a secret while at the mall..as many of you have decided, I will not let their policy decide for me that I can not protect me and mine if need be. thats just me I guess....

Malls

Personally, if I go to the mall, I will not disarm..the worst the mall can do for me is ask me to leave..no one needs to know that I am carry'n..and I think I can keep it a secret while at the mall..as many of you have decided, I will not let their policy decide for me that I can not protect me and mine if need be. thats just me I guess....

I agree. I have two policies I live by. The first is "better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." The second, "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by six."

Read the law. Is there a required sign that can be read from 10' away at every entrance to the mall?

AZ and GA are entertaining laws that would make the "gun free" zones responsible for everyone's safety when anyone who is shoping in a commercial "gun free" zone is injured or killed who would otherwise be able to defend themselves.

As for a sign at the "Mall", I could not really tell you. I usually do not go to the mall and when I do, it's usually to JC Penny and there is no sign there. Next time I am in the area tho, I will check some of the mall entrances to see if the NWA Mall is posted, unless someone on here has already done so and can confirm it, would save me a 40 mile oneway drive :D

I haven't been there since November, but I haven't noticed a sign there or at the outdoor mall in Rogers. I have only seen signs at gun stores, "such as no loaded firearms, Check in all firearms here, or All firearms must have open action and unloaded". I haven't seen very many no firearms signs in "stores" Just the federal buildings, etc.

Read the law. Is there a required sign that can be read from 10' away at every entrance to the mall?

AZ and GA are entertaining laws that would make the "gun free" zones responsible for everyone's safety when anyone who is shoping in a commercial "gun free" zone is injured or killed who would otherwise be able to defend themselves.

I like this!

It has been a long while since I have been to the NWA mall also..I do go to Penneys and there is no sign there tho..there is nothing there at the mall that would warrant me venturing out into it.

I did notice a "no guns" sign at the Fiesta Square movie theaters..if you look real close, you will find them at the BOTTOM of the doors! The new theater over by the mall/best buy has no signs anywhere, yet.

I've been to a couple of gun shops and have not yet seen any signs asking to check weapon etc..maybe because I have not been LQQK'n for them?

Well,
I was referring to Lafayette, LA area with the gun shops. I am working down here, and visit some friends in the NW Arkansas area quite often.

well thats good to know..it's been a couple of years since I been down that way..I guess all the more reason to stay up here??

It has been a long while since I have been to the NWA mall also..I do go to Penneys and there is no sign there tho..there is nothing there at the mall that would warrant me venturing out into it.

I did notice a "no guns" sign at the Fiesta Square movie theaters..if you look real close, you will find them at the BOTTOM of the doors! The new theater over by the mall/best buy has no signs anywhere, yet.

I've been to a couple of gun shops and have not yet seen any signs asking to check weapon etc..maybe because I have not been LQQK'n for them?

It's for those 7-year-olds that get daddy's gun out of the drawer. I'd take it to mean that "You must be at least THIS tall to carry a gun"

what?

i'm a fayetteville resident and have been going to the nwa mall for years . . . . . with my concealed .45. i never noticed any sign on any doors. if there was a clear and visible sign at the entrance, i never noticed it. anyway, happy and safe shopping. ron

I hope that this will be of some help to Arkansans or others who have reciprocal licenses.

5-73-306. Prohibited places.

(b)(1)(A) In addition to a place enumerated in this section, the carrying of a concealed handgun may be disallowed in any place at the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of the place by placing at each entrance to the place a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten feet (10') that "carrying a handgun is prohibited".

CHL Restrictions

I hope that this will be of some help to Arkansans or others who have reciprocal licenses.

5-73-306. Prohibited places.

(b)(1)(A) In addition to a place enumerated in this section, the carrying of a concealed handgun may be disallowed in any place at the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of the place by placing at each entrance to the place a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten feet (10') that "carrying a handgun is prohibited".

i'm a fayetteville resident and have been going to the nwa mall for years . . . . . with my concealed .45. i never noticed any sign on any doors. if there was a clear and visible sign at the entrance, i never noticed it. anyway, happy and safe shopping. ron

Greetings Ron..although it has been a while since I have been to the mall, I can tell you that if I ever do return to the NWA mall, I will not be unarmed..glad to see that you vist there armed and alert. Perhaps one of these days, we shall meet over a soda and laff at the sheeple, perhaps the food court? :chees:

If there are no signs on Penney's doors then how can they possibly say you can not carry in the mall. Penney's doesn't own the building, it leases it from the mall. Even if the mall entry doors are posted, if there isn't a sign posted going from Penney's to the mall then they have not properly notified you and don't have a leg to stand on.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back