Number of guns on a permit

rdhays2000

I live in California and am new to this site. I am planning on getting my CCW for Nevada but am wondering how many semiauto pistols I can have on my permit. Thanks for the help in advance.

Rick

I live in California and am new to this site. I am planning on getting my CCW for Nevada but am wondering how many semiauto pistols I can have on my permit. Thanks for the help in advance.

Rick

I've seen a permit with a dozen or so listed. Keep in mind that you will have to qualify with each gun you list on your permit. Most NV CFP instructors include the first 2 when you take your class. Most folks initially qualify using a revolver and their preferred semi-auto. Reson for the revolver would be that the current law doesn't require multiple revolvers to be listed on the permit.

My recommendation would be to get a UT CFP. There are UT instructors in CA, you can submit your application through the mail, the permit costs less, and the permit is recognized in more places.

JMHO. Welcome to USA Carry!

gf

My suggestion would be to just make it easy on yourself and open carry. No permits needed and no weapons to qualify with. Just carry whatever you want.

IMO, there's no reason to get a NV CFP unless you're going to move here with Link Removed. You can legally carry in NV under a FL or UT with the only requirement be that you're not a Nevada resident. Upon becoming a NV resident, you have 60 days to get a NV CFP. However, keep in mind the sheriff can take up to 120 days to issue your NV CFP. This is something that needs to be fixed on the NV recognition statute. 180 days is a more reasonable time frame or have a clause where new residents with a recognized CCW are issued a provisional CFP immediately upon applying within the initial 60 days of residency.

As for your question, there is no limit to the number of firearms you can have on your NV CFP. Last I heard the record was 34 in Clark County. This was before we went to specific semi-auto and any revolver.

Assemblyperson Settelmeyer is introducing a bill to remove the specific semi-auto requirement where we'll be any semi-auto and any revolver. However, Bernie Anderson is still in office so I doubt it will make it out of the assembly judiciary committee.

Keep in mind that many instructors (at least in Clark County) charge a per qualification fee after the first two to four. Some only throw in one for free. When I'm added to the NV CFP list through LVMPD I'll do a per session. Make sure the instructor uses a range that allows you to bring your ammo. The range I'll be using allows you to bring your own ammo. My only requirement would be that you use factory ammo so go down to the corner SuperWallyVerse and pick up some American Eagle, UMC, USA or Blazer Brass as those are the least expensive brands they stock.

I made that mistake with my renewal. The range that did mine went TMJ and leadfree so while they had a reasonable price on the class, I was rooked on having to use their ammo.

When I renewed mine last month, I was the one with the most firearms. I only brought seven out of my over two dozen.

Thanks everyone. I was looking at Front Sight to get my training at and their CCW course has all 3 permits that you get training for.

By the way, welcome to USA Carry, rdhays2000. Why don't you formally introduce yourself in the new member introduction forum?

Rick

I will answer your question with a question. How many do you have? If you have 100, you can have 100 on your permit as long as you qualify with each and every one of them.

IMO, there's no reason to get a NV CFP unless you're going to move here with Link Removed. You can legally carry in NV under a FL or UT with the only requirement be that you're not a Nevada resident. Upon becoming a NV resident, you have 60 days to get a NV CFP. However, keep in mind the sheriff can take up to 120 days to issue your NV CFP. This is something that needs to be fixed on the NV recognition statute. 180 days is a more reasonable time frame or have a clause where new residents with a recognized CCW are issued a provisional CFP immediately upon applying within the initial 60 days of residency.

As for your question, there is no limit to the number of firearms you can have on your NV CFP. Last I heard the record was 34 in Clark County. This was before we went to specific semi-auto and any revolver.

Assemblyperson Settelmeyer is introducing a bill to remove the specific semi-auto requirement where we'll be any semi-auto and any revolver. However, Bernie Anderson is still in office so I doubt it will make it out of the assembly judiciary committee.

Keep in mind that many instructors (at least in Clark County) charge a per qualification fee after the first two to four. Some only throw in one for free. When I'm added to the NV CFP list through LVMPD I'll do a per session. Make sure the instructor uses a range that allows you to bring your ammo. The range I'll be using allows you to bring your own ammo. My only requirement would be that you use factory ammo so go down to the corner SuperWallyVerse and pick up some American Eagle, UMC, USA or Blazer Brass as those are the least expensive brands they stock.

I made that mistake with my renewal. The range that did mine went TMJ and leadfree so while they had a reasonable price on the class, I was rooked on having to use their ammo.

When I renewed mine last month, I was the one with the most firearms. I only brought seven out of my over two dozen.

I went the nonresident Nevada CFP route for one reason only, the training. Other than my home state, I am in Nevada far more than the other states. I felt that it was necessary to learn as much as I could about Nevada law regarding the use of deadly force and where concealed carry is allowed. In my opinion, it was a valuable learning experience.

I will answer your question with a question. How many do you have? If you have 100, you can have 100 on your permit as long as you qualify with each and every one of them.

:lol: :haha: :lol: :haha:

At the "going rate", that would be approx. $2,500 in qualificaton fees! Wouldn't that be a sight to see. They'll either have to make an attachment to the CC permit, or make the print very, very small.

gf

:lol: :haha: :lol: :haha:

At the "going rate", that would be approx. $2,500 in qualificaton fees! Wouldn't that be a sight to see. They'll either have to make an attachment to the CC permit, or make the print very, very small.

gf

Actually, not 100% true.

Our club/CCW Instructor policy is thus: SFA members can add all the firearms they want at NO charge. Non SFA members are charged $10 per session (you can add all you want for $10 per session.)

And in our county, when you add a gun to your permit, the sheriff simply files your qual form - he does NOT add it to the back of your permit. Obviously, there is NOT room on the back of the permit for a large number of handgun makes/models/calibers.

So here (theoretically), if you're an SFA member you could have every handgun known to man on your permit - for FREE.

Non SFA members could have every handgun known to man on your permit - for $10.

LVMPD will issue a new CFP is there's room on the back of the CFP you're amending for more firearms, otherwise it's just in the NV criminal repository on what you can and cannot carry. I would keep a copy of the paperwork and receipt of any additional qualifications with your vehicle registration until you have your amended CFP if one is going to be issued.

With us going any revolver, that's eliminated quite a bit of qualification as you can carry any caliber revolver or derringer once you've qualified with a revolver and it's on your NV CFP. If you have a pre SB237 NV CFP, you're grandfathered on.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back