Nude, Gun-Wielding 91-Year-Old Man Helps Make Arrest of Home Intruder

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Nude, Gun-Wielding 91-Year-Old Man Helps Make Arrest of Home Intruder
Monday, September 21, 2009
Link Removed

Print ShareThisLAKE WORTH, Fla. — Authorities say a 91-year-old man in South Florida jumped out out of bed naked and held an intruder breaking into his house at gunpoint until deputies arrived.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said Robert E. Thompson was awoken Saturday morning after a burglar climbed his backyard fence and was met by his charging dog, Rettt, a Rottweiler and Doberman Pinscher mix. Thompson heard the commotion, grabbed his .38-caliber revolver and phoned police without ever getting dressed.

Deputies say Thompson fired a warning shot at 26-year-old Jose Pasqual after the intruder started to come toward him. Pasqual was booked in the Palm Beach County Jail and did not immediately have an attorney.

See Next Story in U.S.

WOW! WHAT A STORY!

Deputies say Thompson fired a warning shot at 26-year-old Jose Pasqual after the intruder started to come toward him.

Warning shot??!?!?!?! I'd think a NAKED 91 year old man with a GUN would be enough to send him running!! lol Great story.

I am glad he took care of business but the image of the whole thing boggles the mind. :lol:

Naked or not, I'm just happy to see that things turned out well for the homeowner and bad for the bad guy.

That "Viva Viagara" song keeps running through my mind while reading this thread. :confused: Glad the man was able to grab the BG, too bad he wasn't able to throw on a pair of pants first.

Don't think the "waring shot" was a good idea, but glad the situation turned out o.k.

gf

That "Viva Viagara" song keeps running through my mind while reading this thread. :confused: Glad the man was able to grab the BG, too bad he wasn't able to throw on a pair of pants first.
Don't think the "waring shot" was a good idea, but glad the situation turned out o.k.
gf

Good food for thought. Why don't you thing the warning shot was a good idea?

Good food for thought. Why don't you thing the warning shot was a good idea?

Warning shots imply that the armed citizen had time to retreat or find other means to deal with the situation. As in this case, the 91 year old man did receive wounds to his leg due to a ricochet from one of the "warning shots". As "armed citizens", we are not military nor law enforcement. There is no "department policy" or "rules of engagement" that we must follow prior to discharging our firearm in self defense. A good defense attorney could turn the situation around and argue that the victim now became the "aggressor" and held the BG at the scene against his will. This might not be a problem in the state of FL, but there are states where this may cause serious legal consequences.

Fortunately in this situation, everything turned out O.K. What I don't want to see is a member of the gun community encounter a similar situation and attempt to do as this 91 year old gentleman did, and end up finding themselves in jail.

General rule of thumb, if you're going to discharge your firearm towards the BG, be sure that you're doing so to "stop the threat". Notice I didn't use the "K" word, I simply stated that you shoot to "stop" the BG from causing harm to you or other innocents. Anything else could result in a loss of your RKBA.

gf

Warning shots imply that the armed citizen had time to retreat or find other means to deal with the situation. As in this case, the 91 year old man did receive wounds to his leg due to a ricochet from one of the "warning shots". As "armed citizens", we are not military nor law enforcement. There is no "department policy" or "rules of engagement" that we must follow prior to discharging our firearm in self defense. A good defense attorney could turn the situation around and argue that the victim now became the "aggressor" and held the BG at the scene against his will. This might not be a problem in the state of FL, but there are states where this may cause serious legal consequences.

Fortunately in this situation, everything turned out O.K. What I don't want to see is a member of the gun community encounter a similar situation and attempt to do as this 91 year old gentleman did, and end up finding themselves in jail.

General rule of thumb, if you're going to discharge your firearm towards the BG, be sure that you're doing so to "stop the threat". Notice I didn't use the "K" word, I simply stated that you shoot to "stop" the BG from causing harm to you or other innocents. Anything else could result in a loss of your RKBA.

gf

Or even worse could result in a loss of your life.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back