Nra

sig938

I highly encourage everyone to become a member of the NRA....they fight for our gun rights on many levels..

They fight against our gun rights on Link Removed levels.

Those links are a mere smattering of the available proofs of the accuracy and truthfulness of the sentence that contains them. Most of the links contain more links to more proofs of more betrayals by the NRA against Americans' legitimate and originally-intended gun rights.

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you mean well, as most NRA members do when they join, but you have a lot of homework to do before you can even begin to argue against the first sentence in this post, and if you actually do that homework, you will begin to understand the undeniable fallacy of the sentence in your OP.

Blues

I highly encourage everyone to become a member of the NRA....they fight for our gun rights on many levels..
Some on this forum view the NRA as a gun control organisation, which is exactly like saying Planned Parenthood is against abortion, but there's no arguing with that level of fanaticism. Politics trumps ideology every time. The NRA is a business and does what's good for the NRA, and fighting off all that post-SandyHook gun control sure was good for business. Make no mistake, the day that supporting gun control becomes the better business option is the the day the NRA of the United States will turn itself into the NRA of the United Kingdom.

So long as we keep the NRA's business interests on the side of pro-gun, the NRA is pro-gun. They have many great classes and opportunities.

Someone really needs to go easy on the koolaid.....

The nra is NOTHING like your statement makes it out to be sig938.

No thanks, my money and time is better spent elsewhere.
^^^^ this

GOA is much more effective, and my dues are not used to try and sell me something or get me to renew even before I got my first membership card.

GRNC (Grass Roots of NC) super effective, very pro gun, pro carry, and I see results locally and frequently.

Both of the above send me renewal notices in a timely manner, and don't try to sell me wine and all the other crap the NRA tries to sell me.

I bet the OP was not expecting the responses he/she got :wink: ..... Newbie mistake, no big deal, he/she will learn.

All what? Someone started a thread about the NRA and people responded to it. I take it you have no opinion of the NRA? Then why post in a thread that is clearly about the .org?

Beg to differ with you BluesStringer... The OP just urged everyone to join the orgniztion, period. Seems to me you, and others here, have personal grievance to bear... It just surprises me that there is so much haterd in an internet message room... Maybe this board is not for me...
Have a nice day.....

Beg to differ with you BluesStringer... The OP just urged everyone to join the orgniztion, period. Seems to me you, and others here, have personal grievance to bear... It just surprises me that there is so much haterd in an internet message room... Maybe this board is not for me...
Have a nice day.....

*Edited to add: And my criticisms of the NRA are not "personal" as you conjecture above - nor are they "grievances" per se, because for the short time that I was a member, that mistake was on me for not researching beforehand what kind of .org I was supporting. That was more than 30 years ago. Since then I have done copious amounts of research, much of which I linked to in my first post in this thread. My criticisms of the NRA are general, not personal, and as truthful, verifiable and accurate as any other expressed opinion you can find on this or any other site.

I don't speak for anyone else, but all I did was say why I would never take heed of his urgings. What the heck is wrong with that? I even included several links that validate and substantiate my rationale for not wanting anything to do with the NRA. I told the truth, period. What others who read it do with it is out of my hands, except to say that I do have the ability to offer an opinion of what they say they will (or might) do, and my opinion of you maybe leaving this board just because someone (like myself for instance) offers the truth in rebuttal to obvious, and most likely perfectly innocent ignorance, is that it demonstrates a lack of intellectual aptitude on your part, not "hatred" of any man or .org on anyone's part who doesn't want to associate with the NRA.

I don't "hate" the NRA anyway. I love freedom though, and the NRA has proven time and again that it will impede my (and your, and everybody else's) freedom if it's politically or financially expedient to do so. They have proven that to my satisfaction, and it is my considered opinion that anyone who studied even half of the links I included in my first post with an intellectually-honest open mind, would at least have to consider the possibility that the NRA have betrayed gun-owners much more than they've ever accomplished anything on our behalf. The appropriate thing to do if you strongly disagree with that, would be to offer counter-point that tends to debunk the thoughts I've expressed, not run from the site because I'm allowed to express them.

And yeah, you have a nice day too, ya hear?

Blues

The USA...where disagreement means you hate it, and that offends someone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using USA Carry mobile app

Have a nice day.....

I have seen very little or no tangible advantaged having a membership.
I have been hounded to renew before I even received my first membership card.
I have received emails supporting a candidate (state level) that is clearly not pro 2A
I have received unwanted 'training DVD's', then dunning letters to pay for it or return it... (it had been thrown out)
I have received on at least a weekly basis solicitations to buy wine and many other things I don't care about. The recycling bin is between the house and mailbox, so I 'file' most of it once I realize it is just paper spam.

This is just my experience, and why I allowed my membership to lapse, not and axe to grind.

None of the above is true for GOA, or GRNC, and why I still support them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back