NRA training

mattwestm

I thought I would let everyone know that you MUST have your instructor put their NRA instructor number on the training certificate. I just got a letter in the mail today from FL saying that they needed another certificate with the ID# and printed name. I called the guy and wrote it in myself. I hope this will suffice. I'm not sure if they continue to process the background check or anything. I bet I've added at least a week or two on the processing time of my permit. Great...:mad:

EDIT: I took a First Steps pistol course

I had the same thing happen but my instructor was NRA certified so all I had to do is get an updated certificate and fax it to FL. I got my permit about three weeks later.

Don

I thought I would let everyone know that you MUST have your instructor put their NRA instructor number on the training certificate. I just got a letter in the mail today from FL saying that they needed another certificate with the ID# and printed name. I called the guy and wrote it in myself. I hope this will suffice. I'm not sure if they continue to process the background check or anything. I bet I've added at least a week or two on the processing time of my permit. Great...:mad:
EDIT: I took a First Steps pistol course
The name must be SIGNED for FL permits, not printed. We've had a ton of returned permits because I didn't sitgn my name on the certificate.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back