NRA Safety course time limit question.

cqdmgy

Hey guys, new to the forum, had a question for you experts. In 2013 my father and I completed the NRA pistol safety course, and while he went on to immediately apply for a CCW permit, I decided to wait until I had a bit more money saved up. Being that almost two years has passed since I received the instruction from the safety course, am I alright to proceed to acquire the CCW or should I have to take the class again? Thanks in advance... Steve

You are good. Just make sure to submit a photocopy and keep the original for yourself. Mine was probably about three years old when I applied.

Actually depends on the state you live in. Some state require you to have successfully completed the NRA course within 6 months of applying, some a year.
You need to check with your office, or agency that issues the permits.

Actually depends on the state you live in. Some state require you to have successfully completed the NRA course within 6 months of applying, some a year.
You need to check with your office, or agency that issues the permits.
Correct.

There appears to be no time constraint on how long ago you took the course in Connecticut. Note their standards says you need the NRA Basic Pistol course, the home firearms or first steps course are not sufficient.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back