NRA Instructor Training

brcombs

I will be taking the NRA Instructor courses for pistol and personal protection in the home. Has anyone taken these and what can I expect and how do I prepare?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Basic info. Nothing really to prepare for. Have another fun day at the range plus the class room

He told you the truth, I was going to tell you to start running 3 miles a day because most people pass out after the 1st mile and be able to do 50 situps.

If it's a good class, they will have guest speakers and it won't all be just a couple of guys all day long. It's a good place to watch how things are taught as well as what is taught.

Try to glean as much as you can from the teaching style and what you like and what you might do differently.

Don't be afraid to ask questions about everything, even their teaching style. I'm not saying call them on it if you think they are wrong but maybe ask why they did it this way instead of another. Compliment from the audience, if you don't like something, pull them aside during range time or something.

Remember you may be the first person a lot of people will learn their first lesson on guns, so learn to teach, not just instruct.

KK

Like Keykutter said, there are many different teaching/ instructing styles. Also there are many learning styles. Some teaching styles just won't jive with some learning styles. A good instructor, fits his teachig style with the greater learning style of the class. This is the pebble you must look for and grab.

Our training counselors had lots of guest speakers, and kept things pretty interesting even though we moved at a blistering pace. I did pistol, rifle, shotgun, and muzzle-loading of all of those plus RSO.

I love to teach, just need more students to teach.

I finished the courses yesterday. It was 4 days and super informative and interesting. The instructor was a little ol' grandma with a 1911 strapped to her hip!! She has been teaching for 30 years and was fantastic. Now I will be submitting my lesson plan to the state to become a CCW instructor.

I will be taking the RSO online course.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back