Now the Proud owner of the Sig P226

SLowtruck

I was out shopping for the Springfield Armory XDM in a 40s&w but wasn't having any luck at all finding one. Finally one of the companies I called asked me if I would consider a Sig and recommended the P250 since it was very similar in style but with added features such as being able to swap out the slide/barrel & mag to a 9mm,357sig or the 40s&w. It caught my interest so I went down to check it out, well I saw the P226 while I was there and decided to get it instead (which I can still do the caliber changes on it). I also went ahead and bought the 22LR conversion kit for it to do alittle more plinking at the range at alot cheaper price!!
I would show a picture but I can't seem to get it to load:cray:

Congratulations. I have a Sig P229R Equinox that is my primary CCW pistol. I have the .40 S&W and .357 SIG barrels for mine, but I carry it as a .40 S&W. The .40 S&W ammo is considerably cheaper and shoots to point of aim on my pistol. The .357 SIG ammo that I've tried so far shoots a couple of inches low compared to point of aim.

Let me know how you like the conversion kit. I've been drooling over one for awhile. Please post a range report on both your pistol and the conversion kit when you get a chance.

Congrats. I have 3 sigs, a P220, P226, and a P229. I love them all. but I can't carry all 3 at once. I prefer the P229 for CC. a bit more compact than the others.

the one thing I wish they had for the p250 was a .22 conversion kit.
congrats on the 226, its a fine gun. how well does the conversion kit work for you?

I've been out of town & was finally able to make it to the range today. To sum it up in one word, Awesome. The Conversion kit is easy to install, just take one slide assembly off & slide the other on & I didn't have to take out a loan to put 500 rnds thru it today. I loaded out with CCI Mini Mags because that's what my dealer had recommended & at $6.47 per 100 is alot cheaper than the $25.00 per 100 I spend shooting it as a 40 s&w. Anyone considering getting this, I would Highly recommend it!!

Last edited:
the one thing I wish they had for the p250 was a .22 conversion kit.
congrats on the 226, its a fine gun. how well does the conversion kit work for you?

That was another big selling point for me over the p250 & I'm sure that they will be coming out with it in due time.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back