Now I've officially seen it all!

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
As far as I'm concerned, this should give parents all the more reason to home school their kids.

'Gay-friendly' school proposed for Chicago - UPI.com

CHICAGO, Oct. 9 (UPI) -- Chicago may open a public high school that weaves gay and lesbian "heroes" into the curriculum, the district's chief executive officer said.

The proposed Pride Campus of Social Justice High School would be open to all students citywide and would be "majority straight," schools CEO Arne Duncan said.

But it would provide a safe, "gay-friendly'' atmosphere to combat the high bullying, dropout and depression rates many gay and lesbian students experience in high school, advocates said.

In U.S. history and other classes, "gay and lesbian historical figures" -- from novelist and civil rights activist James Baldwin to modern art and literature catalyst Gertrude Stein -- would be taught so gay teens "have heroes," said Bill Greaves, Chicago's liaison on issues affecting the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.

"We will teach the history of all people, but we are just going to make sure these people are not invisible in that history," The Chicago Sun-Times quoted Greaves as saying.

Many teens should be attracted to the school's college-prep curriculum and message of "social justice" and "tolerance," Duncan said.

The Pride Campus still needs a location, but hopes to open in 2010 and ultimately serve 600 students, officials said.

How many kids go to school there?

Citi-Data says:

The following is a summary of data regarding the Chicago public schools as of the 2004–2005 school year (middle schools are included in the elementary school count).
Total enrollment: 426,812
Number of facilities
elementary schools: 486
high schools: 107

And they want to spend millions on a school for 600 kids who are messed up in the head?

I guess I am not PC enough to see how that benefits the taxpayers of Chicago.

Good post. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Should be an intersteing prom

It will be chaperoned by Uncle Jack and Aunt Bill and probably be sponsored by NAMBLA.

Give me a freakin break. I can't believe TAX DOLLARS are being used for this. ISN"T a normal school good enough? This is an unlawful appropriation of gov't funds as it excludes by nature the straight kids.

NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND?????

Obama nation at its finest.We have no say so in the government and this will be more obvious as time goes on.:butcher:

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back