Now I hurry up and wait!

Mr. Vegas

Well I completed my ccw training course Saturday and shot a perfect score with both .45's I took with me.
( my 1911 and my new Springfield XD ) Drilled out the center on both targets...not much to brag about at 15 yards haha :sarcastic:

I did have one FTF with the XD wich suprised me. The only .45's I could find was some Blazer and have heard some guns just don't like em??? It cycled the 300 rounds of Winchester 230 grain fmj's I put through it when I bought it without a hiccup..

My 1911 popped em and spit em with no issues...but then again thats my 1911 ( I love that gun)

Anyway I'm just happy to have it done with now I get to go to the LVPD ccw station and spend all day waiting to submit my paperwork and pay the $100.....they told me to bring snacks and a good book because it's slower than the DMV...:hang3:

Congrat's on your completing the course. Maybe the LVPD meant bring the snacks forTHEM to speed up paperwork...lol!

Well I completed my ccw training course Saturday and shot a perfect score with both .45's I took with me.
( my 1911 and my new Springfield XD ) Drilled out the center on both targets...not much to brag about at 15 yards haha :sarcastic:

I did have one FTF with the XD wich suprised me. The only .45's I could find was some Blazer and have heard some guns just don't like em??? It cycled the 300 rounds of Winchester 230 grain fmj's I put through it when I bought it without a hiccup..

My 1911 popped em and spit em with no issues...but then again thats my 1911 ( I love that gun)

Anyway I'm just happy to have it done with now I get to go to the LVPD ccw station and spend all day waiting to submit my paperwork and pay the $100.....they told me to bring snacks and a good book because it's slower than the DMV...:hang3:

I spent 5 hours at the LVMPD CCW two weeks ago but it's done now. So is my Utah. (March 09)

Congrats on finishing the class and hope the process goes fast for you. In KY, one takes a class from a state certified instructor (most every county has at least one), waits 2 or 3 weeks to get a certificate of completion from the state Criminal Justice training office, then takes that and the fees, of course, to the county sheriff's office (who only serves as the middle man really), they send it to the State Police, who does a criminal records check and then send the permit back to the sheriff's office for the person to go and personally pick it up. Total turn around time from day of the class to picking up the permit at the sheriff's office is about 6 to 7 weeks in reality, although the law actually gives them longer time periods than that.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back