Not sure if I understand some people

spdracr39

I have noticed since I began reading these forums that there seem to be a lot of manly posts about how "I carry on my job even though they don't allow it" "I carry whether it is legal or not" "If it is concealed who's gonna know". Isn't the idea behind getting the permit to show you are an example setter and upstanding citizen? If you are going to break the law why even bother with the permit? If you have to use you weapon and you are violating a posted notice you are going to jail. PLEASE don't ruin it for the rest of us by violating the laws with this macho I can do what I want attitude. If everyone that has a permit acted this way they would pass all of the gun control laws and we would all be without protection. These laws are in place for a reason whether you like it or not abide by them so we can continue to get the respect we deserve!!!

Well my experience with this site it's a lot of ignorant people on this forum don't let them bother you despite some people its a good site enjoy!!!!!

SPDRACR39,
Though I do agree with you on certain points of your post. I must point out that Carrying your weapon with a valid CCW Permit, at your work place will most likely get you fired.

But, the most you will get charged with is Tresspassing. Now ,if the situation ever arose were an Armed Gun Man came into your Employment, and began shooting poeple, and you Interveined and stopped the BG from killing anyone else.

I think the Employer would be Greatful, and as long as it was an good shoot, chances are you will not be charged.

Every Human being has the right to protect ones self,Iam sure some take this right a little to far But, in general Most legal CCWers will not, or do not abuse this right.

You are correct in saying that as Legal Armed Citizens we must set our standards higher, than the average Citizen but who's to say where we draw the line.

There are a lot of poseurs and internet Rambos online. This site has it's share. They're easy to spot and avoid.

Concealed carry is not about doing what others do, insist you do or cagoule you into doing - It's about doing the right thing, knowing the law, setting an example and not being a lemming. If you let those boneheaded rogue cowboys that frequently show up here get to you, then your gonna get tired of openly challenging their thoughts and another voice of reasoning will be gone due to self imposed exiled. Keep challenging them, keep the awareness level up and there will be those of us that will be your back up.

There are people on this and other forums who obviously shouldn't be allowed anywhere near firearms. In fact nothing has pushed me more towards believing more gun control might be a good thing than internet gun forums. However, since you can't control such people, don't let them get to you. Worry about yourself and let them be who they choose. After all, they can't help it.

spdracr39:234470 said:
I have noticed since I began reading these forums that there seem to be a lot of manly posts about how "I carry on my job even though they don't allow it" "I carry whether it is legal or not" "If it is concealed who's gonna know". Isn't the idea behind getting the permit to show you are an example setter and upstanding citizen? If you are going to break the law why even bother with the permit? If you have to use you weapon and you are violating a posted notice you are going to jail. PLEASE don't ruin it for the rest of us by violating the laws with this macho I can do what I want attitude. If everyone that has a permit acted this way they would pass all of the gun control laws and we would all be without protection. These laws are in place for a reason whether you like it or not abide by them so we can continue to get the respect we deserve!!!

I agree 100 % if you are going to carry with a permit, remember permits are issued to LAW ABIDING CITIZENS..... If you are not permitted to carry in a certain place, DON'T, our just simply dont patronize that facility, it's rather simple.......

There are people on this and other forums who obviously shouldn't be allowed anywhere near firearms. In fact nothing has pushed me more towards believing more gun control might be a good thing than internet gun forums. However, since you can't control such people, don't let them get to you. Worry about yourself and let them be who they choose. After all, they can't help it.

Most of them are teens who have never fired a gun - steel or flesh.

Now ,if the situation ever arose were an Armed Gun Man came into your Employment, and began shooting poeple, and you Interveined and stopped the BG from killing anyone else.

I think the Employer would be Greatful, and as long as it was an good shoot, chances are you will not be charged.

Let's rephrase that based on some of the news reports...
The employees who were saved would be grateful and may even pursue being lawfully armed citizens themselves. The employer on the other hand would probably fire you for violating some 'policy.'

Examples are the pizza delivery guys who got terminated after defending themselves, the pharmacy guy that told the employer about safety at night-then got fired after he defended himself.

Let's rephrase that based on some of the news reports...
The employees who were saved would be grateful and may even pursue being lawfully armed citizens themselves. The employer on the other hand would probably fire you for violating some 'policy.'

Examples are the pizza delivery guys who got terminated after defending themselves, the pharmacy guy that told the employer about safety at night-then got fired after he defended himself.

That is correct. If the employer has it in the company rule handbook he doesn't have much choice.

I adhere to the law strictly. I don't like it ... I think there are way too many places that are off limits for no good reason but I go along with it.

Wow or wow. There are forum members who believe to a core everything I believe when it comes to the law and firearms and CC. I also agree with something B2Tall said---lot of "internet rambos" out there". When you are in your pajamas sucking your thumb as you diddle a little, you can be brave and outrageous with your conduct or at least the conduct you think you will be embracing. Stopping that thief single-handed, stopping mass riots, keeping America free, walking the Dirty Harry walk---they are out there. Sometimes I am goaded to answer but mostly I try to ignore and focus on the comments that give me information to make me a more experienced and learned firearm owner and CC person. Try it and it makes life easier on this forum.

Sometimes I am goaded to answer but mostly I try to ignore and focus on the comments that give me information to make me a more experienced and learned firearm owner and CC person. Try it and it makes life easier on this forum.

Good advise and I am trying to learn to do this but sometimes it's hard to ignore. I glad to see all the positive responses !! My faith has been somewhat restored

My choice is to follow the law and my employers policies. I live in MN and when we cross the river to have dinner in Wis the CCW gun stays home. I do however have a legally cased Sub-2000 carbine behind the seat. I am an Insurance Adjuster and was shot at and missed in Milwaukee in 2009 while at a double arson fire. After that incident I told my boss no more inspections in bad areas unless he provides security. We now get security as required even if it means three guys openly armed standing in body armour at the corners of the property. Once my CCW becomes valid i Wis I will carry into Wis while not on the job or in my company vehicle.

Most of them are teens who have never fired a gun - steel or flesh.

Actually it's usually the early 20-somethings. Across every forum I read, whether it's CC, OC or just general gun discussion, I notice they're often the ones with the most ego invested in guns while possessing neither enough judgment or maturity to be around them. Most still act and think like 16 year olds and some are downright scary. Try telling that to them though.

Remember there's a difference. I work for a company that has a no weapons policy. SCREW THAT! There not going to protect me. Pissing of my company isn't illegal. If they ever did find out then that means S has HTF! Carrying where actually unlawful is a different story.

Remember there's a difference. I work for a company that has a no weapons policy. SCREW THAT! There not going to protect me. Pissing of my company isn't illegal. If they ever did find out then that means S has HTF! Carrying where actually unlawful is a different story.

Then you must be living in a state where the doorbuster signs don't carry the weight of the law. Good for you.

In my State however they do and even if the SdidntHTF and a gun ever came I would both be fired and would/could loose my CCW permit and my guns indefinetly. That's the risk a lot of us are NOT willing to take.

I agree 100 % if you are going to carry with a permit, remember permits are issued to LAW ABIDING CITIZENS..... If you are not permitted to carry in a certain place, DON'T, our just simply dont patronize that facility, it's rather simple.......

The singular most "high hazard" area my wife has to traverse is from the parking area to the secured entry to her work building. (Around 1/4 mile.) It is in a "downtown" area and is frequented by the homeless and other loiterers.... mainly because it is near the public library, i.e. common toilet and warm hang out for this lot.

Unfortunately, her company policy is no guns on premises.

In this case, leaving it in the vehicle is not really a viable option as the "danger" resides between the vehicle and workplace.

The other side of the coin.... the reason she "carries" in the first place was primarily as a protection for exactly the situation cited.

What to do?

She has worked there for 14 years now and has never been searched or questioned at or by her company. She carries to work with one of those "hidden zipper" gun compartment purses. Better for her peace of mind. (..and mine!)

Now, the legal implications. I'm not sure that "carrying" in an area that is posted "no guns" is as henious a crime as carrying in areas where the local LAW says you cannot carry. (I would have to reread the exact "prohibition" list to see if private concerns posted "no guns" is a "legal" violation. I don't recall.) Probably is, but I would consider that a "Catch 22" phrasing. (Generally speaking, private "policies" cannot override written Law.)

Most assuredly she would be fired if caught. From a Corporate POV, in most instances, Company Policy ranks just below the 10 Commandments in authority. (LOL!) (At least in THEIR minds.)

Another case of "Ya pays your money and takes your chances." To my way of thinking, being victimized overrides being unemployed in seriousness.

Lastly, while I consider myself a "law abiding citizen", I also consider extraordinarily restrictive "Gun control laws" a severe violation of my civil rights, Constitutionally guaranteed. (But that is another "case".) While I lived in the Chicago area (seven years in a "gun free" zone), I kept two guns in the house all the same. I always thought we could quibble about the legality of my guns, should I survive my use of them when needed.

So let it be written, so let it be GUN! (LOL!)

GG

I'm too lazy to write something like this for the 13th time, so I'll try my hand at copying a previous post. Being that I'm just a guy out here who is secure enough to not be a keyboard thug, I can give my opinion openly without fear of being called names. I have been called names, and will be called many more, but I simply do not fear it. Why? 'Cause living is more important than dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhbob

Oh goodie. Another "law-abiding gun owner." Do you also ignore such silly "No Trespassing" signs?
-End quote

The above quote was a response to a posting of mine stating that I ignore "no guns" signs. My response at the time, right clicked and pasted here:

Arggh, ya got me! hehe

I do not go onto property that is marked "no tresspassing" as I have no cloaking device to make my presence undetectable. My hidden handgun is rather undetectable, however. If I'm somewhere, my gun is somewhere with me. If there is a "no tresspassing" sign, smart guy, I'm not there nor is my gun. But if I have to go into the posted area for whatever emergency might dictate my gun will be going with me. Also, since I'm sure you will come up with something as like: "ok, how about silly one-way traffic signs, how about those, hmmmm?" I will say up front that again, you will have gotten me there to.

Say what you will, I am armed wherever i go unless there are active searches or metal detectors and guns are for the "elite" only in the place.

I try to be polite about the idea of being alive to be prosecuted, versus being dead by following some stupid no guns sign in the (hopefully unlikely, but does happen) event that a gun was needed where I was to defend my life. Sorry if you don't like it but your contrary opinion to me is simply and only that. However, I would fight for the freedom itself to have and to communicate even such a silly opinion, in my view, as yours.

I do not disrespect you at all. I'm sure you are a fine person. Your opinion is what I take issue with as I find it silly that someone would rather die than disregard a sign, in the rare instances a gun would have been needed. (Virginia Tech, Von Mauer in Omaha, Columbine, Denver church, post office [where "going postal" originated] and on and on and on).

Let me put it this way: Lets say that you and I were at seperate churches, each with our families. Both churches had "no guns" signs at the door. Now enter active shooters at both churches and started making holes in people at each church... If you don't get it, well, let's just agree to disagree and you'd better hope I'm at your church that day.

Now back to the original poster's idea. We need to send letters to Cain's offices helping to infuse common sense into is mediocre 2nd Amendment support...

-End copied and pasted response-

Easy stuff here, simple really, and NOT from any kind of a tough guy. I'm actually kind of mild manored and polite, even when faced with extreme silliness.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back