Not at all firearm related... WI Fishing

Craash420

We're planning our next trip to WI and I recall reading that no license is required to fish on a man-made body of water that does not connect to a natural body of water such as a lake or stream, now all the research I do says everyone needs a license no matter where they fish. It seems silly to pay the state for a license to fish on a pond my grandpa made and the family stocked, but the fines would cost more than the license. Are there any cheeseheads here that can tell me for sure if we need licenses to fish a man-made pond on family-owned property?

in most states if the body of water is privately owned then no state permit is required, still that depends upon the state. In several of the plains states if the pond, lake, or other body of water is privately owned then no license is required to fish. Check with the state department of wildlife and they should be able to answer your question. It must be stated in this manner, "If a body of water such as a pond or lake is privately owned, is a permit required before fishing." They always want their questions precise or they will give you a vague answer like most political factions do.

Thanks, Warren. Instead of trying to dig through the documents I found the DNR's online chat and got a really helpful agent, he confirmed my recollection and gave me the statute to cite if the Game Warden wasn't familiar with state law; state statute 29.219 section (D) .

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back