Not allowed to CCW at work.....

i'm very fortunate. my boss has never said anything to me, even asked for my assistance once in a situation. he even had me to lead him through the details to obtain ccw for him and his wife. he even bought one of my pistols.

"Once you are age 45 or older you are protected by a Federal Law that keeps your employer form messing with you as long as your previous work record is without any serious flaws."

I've never heard this one before, where can I find the statute?

I think the first statement isn't really accurate. If you're over the age of 45, your age is considered a protected class, like your race, gender, etc. This means your boss can't call you in and say "you're getting a bit over the hill, we're gonna let you go and get a younger guy in here." You can still get fired, just not for being old. ;) You could also claim harassment if you're getting harassed about your age, which I don't think is fair since I get harassed at work all the time about how young I am... :D

Last edited:
Carry at work...

I was working for two months before I saw one of those signs that said I could not carry. It was posted in the maintenance garage on the bottom of the time clock in board. So, I don't know if that was for everyone or just for the yard help. I am a surveyor and am out in the field most of the time and have come in close proximity of coyotes and wild dogs, who are not friendly at all. Also have to go into some neighborhoods that I would not want to go into unprepared for fight or flight.

By the way, just picked myself up a Sig 556 rifle. Wanted to get one before they get elected and ban the sale of assault like weapons. Don't know who they are yet, but it does not look good for us....

Sig

I was working for two months before I saw one of those signs that said I could not carry. It was posted in the maintenance garage on the bottom of the time clock in board. So, I don't know if that was for everyone or just for the yard help. I am a surveyor and am out in the field most of the time and have come in close proximity of coyotes and wild dogs, who are not friendly at all. Also have to go into some neighborhoods that I would not want to go into unprepared for fight or flight.

By the way, just picked myself up a Sig 556 rifle. Wanted to get one before they get elected and ban the sale of assault like weapons. Don't know who they are yet, but it does not look good for us....

Let me know how you like it. I have thought about getting one.

New Sig 556 rifle

For those who wanted me to post a picture, here it is. She is just a plain jane but I plan on dressing her up and takeing her out...

Don't know why I can't upload a picture. If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong would appreciate the help. My avatar is the new Sig....

Last edited:
For those who wanted me to post a picture, here it is. She is just a plain jane but I plan on dressing her up and takeing her out...

Don't know why I can't upload a picture. If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong would appreciate the help. My avatar is the new Sig....

Hit the button that actually says "QUOTE" to reply to the message. When the window pops up where you can actually type, look up where it says "Fonts" "Sizes" "A" and then a smiley face. Click the Paper Clip button. A pop-up window will show up. Hit the "Browse" button to select your picture. Then hit the "UPLOAD" button. The window will close, and type your message as usual. When you send the reply, the picture will pop in the message as a thumbnail.

Hit the button that actually says "QUOTE" to reply to the message. When the window pops up where you can actually type, look up where it says "Fonts" "Sizes" "A" and then a smiley face. Click the Paper Clip button. A pop-up window will show up. Hit the "Browse" button to select your picture. Then hit the "UPLOAD" button. The window will close, and type your message as usual. When you send the reply, the picture will pop in the message as a thumbnail.

I did not know this! Thought I'd give it a try! (P.S. The window did not close by itself) Let's see...

Last edited:
Glad I am retired, I can't emagine a employer saying you can't have a wepon in your vehical... In this day, snd times no one knows when they will have to defend there life or the life of another person......... I agree with Rampage if I had a boss,, my car is mine, and offlimits to his A**................. Oh I forgot to be politicaly correct
His/Her A**................. thats better

Interesting read. Link Removed

Just one of the many reasons I like my home state. Common sense isn't that uncommon in the Bluegrass. I'm on the road all day, in a company van. They're fine with me carrying, too. Only unlawful possession is prohibited.

5. In 1998, Kentucky`s Attorney General determined that state law prohibits employers from prohibiting people from having firearms in their vehicles. Minnesota`s Right-to-Carry law (2003) prohibits employers from prohibiting carry permit holders from having firearms in their vehicles. Laws protecting the right of any lawful possessor of a firearm to have a firearm in a personally-owned vehicle were passed in Oklahoma and Alaska in 2005, and Mississippi in 2006.

Last edited:
Can you see my picture now?

There is a picture_I hope.

Well I work from home luckily so I can carry there, hehe. The guys I work with know I'm into guns so when they come over (2 bedrooms are used for their offices too), they definitely knock, open the door, and say DONT SHOOT!

I really hope I'm never in the situation where I have a job and can't carry while I'm there. My previous job in Las Vegas was a small internet company of maybe 15-20 so there we're any real "policies" especially on bringing firearms in. The people I worked with knew I carried as we were all friends and would hang out. They knew about my site and everything so it was pretty obvious. One day I was outside with the owner and he asked me if I was carrying at the moment. I thought this may turn bad but I said yes I am. He said he was interested in getting his CCW and we starting talking about the guns we have!

I cannot have a firearm or even a bow on the property, working on 20 years with the same employer I can't afford to leave, economy not to hot in MI.:( so leaving wouldn't be a good idea. I just deal with it until i get home. or retire:)

I was told by my plant mngr that the company has facilities in KY where the state has said they could not ban workers from having firearms in autos said they would continue to do so until they are challenged by the policy. This is a VERY big corp. and have multiple lawyers. By the time someone went through the courts system they would have lost every thing.

I like my home state. Common sense isn't that uncommon

5. In 1998, Kentucky`s Attorney General determined that state law prohibits employers from prohibiting people from having firearms in their vehicles. Minnesota`s Right-to-Carry law (2003) prohibits employers from prohibiting carry permit holders from having firearms in their vehicles. Laws protecting the right of any lawful possessor of a firearm to have a firearm in a personally-owned vehicle were passed in Oklahoma and Alaska in 2005, and Mississippi in 2006.

Indeed!!! Now we need that in all the states and not just a few!!

Same problem here. I work for an HVAC company and have to run service calls at night, and not in the best parts of town. Recently had to pull an all nighter in an area not known for it's frendly inhabitants, and I went back and forth over whether to carry or not. I finally came up with:

"I'd rather be unemployed and alive than dead and employed".

You're darned right I strapped it on.

Guns in car at work

Got to vent here!! Just got home from work, had to stop to fill up with gas at local station when I was told they were just robbed! If there had not been some snow on the road I would have gotten there earlier and then what?!? My work will net allow me to have any firearms in my vehical.....big surprise! This is realy sad.

P.S. I forgot to mention..... there were 2 State Highway cruisers behind the store when it happened. They still did not know what happened when I pulled in!

I would carry one in my car anyway. After all it is my car. How are they going to know unless some one tells them. Anyway you can always get another job. Jobs are a lot easyer to replace then life I defy anyone to tell me if its legal that I cant have a gun in my car. Just my .02. Stay safe.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back