Northern Marianas Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Link Removed

Let me know if there is anything I missed.

If you look through your piggy bank, you might find a Northern Marianas quarter. They came out in 2009 with the rest of the territories that are either may issue or no issue. The "May issue" territories sound like how Washington DC was initially, in that you would need a permit just to own a firearm without having locked or in pieces. US territories are not firearm friendly! :angry:

Then why are they U.S. territories?!?

Good question.
No congressional representation? Autocratic territorial governors?
Puerto Rico has a significant list of people who can carry, but still as a may issue mindset. However, one of the stated groups are mail carriers. This may be an assumption, but if the mailman has to carry, why not a legally responsible citizen? This postal carry idea just sounds kind of wierd given that firearms are prohibited in post offices.

Sort of like how D.C. has Eleanor Holmes Norton and Marion Berry as their top kwality elected officials.

You got me thinking...
It just seems like too much of a coincidence that all of the major United States territories, DC included, have may issue, or no issue, when it comes to carrying firearms. Even the liberal-leaning northeast has a few shall issue states, like Pennsylvania, Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire to mix things up!

Interesting. The Panama Canal Zone ceased being a U.S. Territory some decades ago, but when it was, U.S. citizens there (known as Zonies) could own pretty much any firearm including fully auto. There are still many firearms owned by Zonies who stayed after The Zone was turned over to the Panamanians.

Just to let you all know, only 22 caliber rifles, 223 caliber rifles, and the 410 gauge shotguns are the only authorized firearms to the public... Only law enforcements are the only ones authorize to carry handguns..

Sent from my SM-G920T using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back