North Carolina Sheriffs' Association against 2nd amendment

gunther37

North Carolina Sheriffs' Association against 2nd amendment. I know most of you agree with getting permission from your local sheriff to purchase a pistol but i feel that it is a statement of chopping down the 2nd amendment.

plus, how can the sheriff's association remove this propose bill from the calender? anyone?

If you agree with me and the Nra help us write the seante to get this back on the calender.
If we let them get away with this the next thing you know we will not be allowed to have large capacity magazines here in NC just like Cali.

Also, there is another bill in NC to do away with not being able to carry concealed in a resturaunt that serves alcohol, And another one to do away with not being able to carry in a state of emergency.

This is the link the to sheriffs kicking out the bill> Link Removed

Cross the state line and buy from out-of-state, then "don't ask, don't tell!" If I lived in NC, I wouldn't waste my time going to the local sheriff. MY 2nd Amendment says that I have the right to keep and bear arms, and not with the permission of my sheriff.

Actually, if I lived in NC, I'd move!

Cross the state line and buy from out-of-state, then "don't ask, don't tell!" If I lived in NC, I wouldn't waste my time going to the local sheriff. MY 2nd Amendment says that I have the right to keep and bear arms, and not with the permission of my sheriff.

Actually, if I lived in NC, I'd move!

drive 4 hours and cross the line and pay va prices? think not! you telling me va doesnt require a paper permit fot buying a pistol?

Did some research. Found out why the paper permit was created>
The Pistol Purchase Permit law was passed in 1919, and is a classic piece of Jim Crow-era legislation (Jim Crow History). The recognition of civil rights for blacks and other minorities meant that the Constitution applied to minorities. This meant that blacks and other minorities could exercise their natural right to self-defense, with the full support of the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution and Article I, Sec. 30 of the North Carolina Constitution. This did not sit well with the Ku Klux Klan (which for many years was headquartered in Raleigh, just down the street from the Legislature) and other racist groups and influential individuals. The racist members of the State Legislature knew they could not overtly prevent minorities from purchasing handguns for protection, so the seemingly innocent Pistol Purchase Permit law was passed. This law allowed local Sheriffs and government officials to discriminate with impunity at the local level.

Even today, the Pistol Purchase Permit law is implemented in an arbitrary and capricious fashion by 100 individual County Sheriffs. Some Sheriffs do little more than collect the fees and hand out permits to the law-abiding, because more than that is not necessary. Others implement ridiculous, intrusive requirements that either discriminate on a wholesale basis or are selectively applied so that discrimination can be more personalized.

With the advent of the National Instant Check System (NICS) there is no public safety reason why the Pistol Purchase Permit system needs to continue. The Jim Crow era is over, and the laws of that era need to be eliminated. Most people agree with that in principle, but for some reason when it comes to guns a significant number of people seem to think that discrimination and arbitrary requirements are a good thing. This is something NCRPA totally disagrees with.

We have been trying for 10 years to get the Pistol Purchase Permit system completely eliminated. Apparently when it comes to gun control a lot of people think Jim Crow is still a good idea.

It sure is nice to live in a state where I can walk into the store, say "I'll take it" and walk out with the pistol in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately, my county requires a little piece of butt-wipe called a blue card that registers the new purchase with the state. That adds about 2 minutes to the purchase time. The major pissoff is that Nevada steals $25 to run the background check the Feds will run for free in Arizona. I try to make long gun purchases in AZ for just that reason.

No permit in VA at all.

Don't need no stinkin' permit in Tennessee....

IMG00091.jpg

drive 4 hours and cross the line and pay va prices? think not! you telling me va doesnt require a paper permit fot buying a pistol?
Drive where-ever you have to. Here in Florida, you have to wait for a few days, but there is no PERMIT to own a gun. I have a LICENSE to carry mine concealed.

Go to another state and score there. Matter of fact, if you watched that 20/20 piece, you could have gone to a VA gun show and purchased anything you wanted as long as you had cash.

Drive where-ever you have to. Here in Florida, you have to wait for a few days, but there is no PERMIT to own a gun. I have a LICENSE to carry mine concealed.

Go to another state and score there. Matter of fact, if you watched that 20/20 piece, you could have gone to a VA gun show and purchased anything you wanted as long as you had cash.

In Florida if you have a concealed carry permit you don't have to wait at all. Buy a pistol and leave that day with it. The FDLE call in is usually the longest part of the process.

In Florida if you have a concealed carry permit you don't have to wait at all. Buy a pistol and leave that day with it. The FDLE call in is usually the longest part of the process.

Yeah, but if you're from NC, you usually don't have a FL concealed permit. I was stating that gunther37 could drive in any number of directions from NC where he could buy a gun without the hassles.

Yeah, but if you're from NC, you usually don't have a FL concealed permit. I was stating that gunther37 could drive in any number of directions from NC where he could buy a gun without the hassles.

Very true, although many states have laws about sale/buying handgun out of state. I know when I go to Ohio I can buy a handgun but it has to be shipped back to a FFL in my state. Which then goes through whatever process is in place for that state.

Now long guns on the other hand are another story. I did buy a Savage a few weeks ago while in Ohio. Much cheaper then here in Florida

Very true, although many states have laws about sale/buying handgun out of state. I know when I go to Ohio I can buy a handgun but it has to be shipped back to a FFL in my state. Which then goes through whatever process is in place for that state...
It's Federal law that lets states allow out of state purchase of long guns but still requires handguns to be sent to an FFL in the buyer's home state.
...Now long guns on the other hand are another story. I did buy a Savage a few weeks ago while in Ohio. Much cheaper then here in Florida
Good for you, enjoy your new rifle. I buy guns out of state too. I'm in AZ several times a year and guns are generally cheaper there than here. One of the big incentives besides price is an automatic $25 savings because AZ uses the Fed Brady check while NV insists on ripping residents off for the check.

North Carolina Sheriffs' Association against 2nd amendment. I know most of you agree with getting permission from your local sheriff to purchase a pistol but i feel that it is a statement of chopping down the 2nd amendment.

Gunther: You made the statement that "I know most of you agree with getting permission from your local sheriff to purchase a pistol". Just where did you get that goofy idea? I'm sure that almost everybody on this forum disagrees with that statement. You need to get out of North Carolina more! :no:

regarding the purchasing of out of state firearms...

Is that sometimes restricted by the state? I had a friend who was stationed in Ft. Riley, KS and visited us in MO, we went to our local gunshop to buy some ammo to go shooting and he found a rifle that he wanted. He was told he could not purchase because he was not a MO resident. I think this is a stupid policy, considering he would get the FEDERAL check either way, plus he was active duty military.

Gunther: You made the statement that "I know most of you agree with getting permission from your local sheriff to purchase a pistol". Just where did you get that goofy idea? I'm sure that almost everybody on this forum disagrees with that statement. You need to get out of North Carolina more! :no:

Just wondering why no one can answer my real post question. How can the sheriffs association dismiss the bill from being proposed?

i have a non resident fl concealed license and va license and a nc concealed license. i do not have to wait or get a paper permit at all.

and if i did not have those license's , why would i drive 200 miles or more and spend more in gas money than the paper permit cost?

your missing the point dude! we need to stop the chopping away at the 2nd amendment! and you driving to another state automatically lets the sheriffs association and the obama worshipers win the fight!

Now do you see what im getting at?

write those senators boys!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back