Nonresident CCW Received!

calmp9

Finally, it has arrived! The Washoe County Sheriff's Offfice sent my nonresident CCW permit. This is my first permit since I can't get one here in Santa Cruz County, CA. It took 72 days. I took the CCW instruction with Semper Firearms on March 12, submitted the application early the next day.

When I took the CCW class, I was told that the Nevada CCW permits expire on the fifth anniversary of the permittee's birthday nearest the date of issuance or renewal. The issue date of the permit is 4/4/08 and the expiration date is 4/4/13. My birthday is November 26. Is the expiration date correct? It seems to contradict the question on the written exam.

Congrats on the license.

Nv law changed last session. They are now good for 5 years from the date of issue. However, what is considered the date of issue does not seem to be defined. Ai least I cannot find it.

Last edited:
Congrats on the license.

Nv law changed last session. They are now good for 5 years from the date of issue. However, what is considered the date of issue does not seem to be defined. Ai least I cannot find it.

True.

And, in my county, the date of issue is the date the sheriff actually issues the new or renewed permit.

I submitted my renewal about 3.5 months before expiration. Within 48 hours, my renewal was ready to be picked up - with an expiration date of five years after "issue." Hence, I renewed about 3 months too early and "lost" some time!

Congrats on the license.

I know that Mike at Semper Firearms told us, but I was confused because the exam had old information on it and it hadn't been yet been revised when we took the CCW class.

True.

And, in my county, the date of issue is the date the sheriff actually issues the new or renewed permit.

I submitted my renewal about 3.5 months before expiration. Within 48 hours, my renewal was ready to be picked up - with an expiration date of five years after "issue." Hence, I renewed about 3 months too early and "lost" some time!

I have another question. If my CCW was issued on 4/4/08, does that mean that they held it that long pending the results of the FBI background check or did they just hold it because they're backed up? I know that you're not in Washoe County, but you might now know how they operate.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back