Non-Resident Waiting Time

I did not know that. I thought that Florida and Utah were the only states whose permits a nonresident could get without stepping foot into the state.

Virginia. Mail-in. Took mine about 6 weeks. They accept a DD-214 (military discharge) as acceptable training. The Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit is issued by the Virginia State Police. Non-residents may request an application in writing from: Firearms Transaction Center, Criminal Justice Information Services Division, Department of State Police, P.O. Box 85141, Richmond, VA 23284-5141 or via e-mail at [email protected] (be sure to include your complete name, mailing address and phone number)

New Hampshire. Mail-in. Took mine about a month. No fingerprints or training requirements if you send a photocopy of your other valid handgun permit. You can download the application from their website. Link Removed

Virginia. Mail-in. Took mine about 6 weeks. They accept a DD-214 (military discharge) as acceptable training. The Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit is issued by the Virginia State Police. Non-residents may request an application in writing from: Firearms Transaction Center, Criminal Justice Information Services Division, Department of State Police, P.O. Box 85141, Richmond, VA 23284-5141 or via e-mail at [email protected] (be sure to include your complete name, mailing address and phone number)

New Hampshire. Mail-in. Took mine about a month. No fingerprints or training requirements if you send a photocopy of your other valid handgun permit. You can download the application from their website. Link Removed

I just received Connecticutt completely thru the mail...took about 6 weeks.

I didn't bother with the ME or CT non resident permits. Only a few states honor those. For some reason the NH and VA permits are honored by most of the states on the eastern seaboard. Figured if I was going to spend money I wanted to get the best coverage!

I didn't bother with the ME or CT non resident permits. Only a few states honor those. For some reason the NH and VA permits are honored by most of the states on the eastern seaboard. Figured if I was going to spend money I wanted to get the best coverage!

I got CT because they don't accept permits from any other state.

From the looks of things and the time line I have been reading here I am at about 40 days now so barring any problems should have it in roughly 2 -3 weeks. mailed it in just before christmas.

Mailed off for the Maine permit on the 12th of feb. They haven’t cashed the check yet. Kinda stressed over that one :fie:. Should I be concerned at this point? I haven’t got the app back yet though so I’m hoping everything is still ok.

Sent off for N.H. on the 19th of feb...they cashed my check a week later. I’m hoping to have them both by late April. Is that unrealistic? What’s the normal time frame with non- res ME. and non- res NH? Anybody have any info?

I got my PA permit in less than 2 weeks. And my WA permit in just over two weeks.

...and so the permit collection grows..... :sarcastic:

Maine permit takes about 45-60 days... at last count. And dont worry about them not cashing your check. They cashed mine a month after issuing the permit back in 07.

NH you should have any day now (my father got his in 10 days, mailbox to mailbox).

I, on the otherhand, am waiting for CT and FL. They've cashed my checks, just waiting the time out.

v/r
Rachkir

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back