Non-Resident (WA Resident) - Multnomah County - Accepted reasons

techiej

I'm a WA resident (Clark County) with a CPL and am looking for experiences/suggestions with regard to getting the OR non-resident concealed permit.

My understanding is that the Multnomah sherrif's application requires a letter/statement as to why you want to get the concealed permit and that they are "fussy" about issuing one.

Am interested in recent experiences and suggestions as to acceptable reasons are for this sherriff's office.

Thanks in advance!

You don't have to apply with Multn. County. I know that MK Tactical in Hillsboro offers non-resident classes. They have a reserve sheriff with a Oregon county,can't remember which one sorry, that is also at these classes and then you file with that county, much shorter form no hassel. Myself and a couple of out of state friends took the class 2yrs ago.

Certain Oregon counties will only accept a CHL application from adjoining out-of-state counties (for example, Clatsop County will only accept applications from Pacific, Grays Harbor or Wahkiakun County in Washington State, while Lincoln and Clackamas Counties won't issue to out-of-state at all,) Multnomah County will only accept "Washington" applications (so not Idaho, California, or Nevada, even though residents of those states may legally get an Oregon non-resident CHL.)

I have heard from a Vancouver resident that he got his CHL through Multnomah County Sheriff with no problems, with a mere "self-protection" as the claimed reason - but that might have been before the current Sheriff, I don't remember the timing for certain. I have also heard that Washington County is fairly friendly (the county Hillsboro / MK Tactical is in.)

Just about any gun safety class will qualify you - just make sure it's from an instructor that says it works for an Oregon CHL. You do have to apply in person, and at least for Multnomah County, you have to set an appointment ahead of time. The appointment is quick, though.

If you can get to Grant County, their sheriff treats out-of-state applications as "shall issue".

Does anyone know how "issue friendly" the current Multnomah County sheriff is toward Clark County, WA residents?

Pretty good, I receive mines there about two or three years ago, I was in and out in 15 to 20 minutes.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back