Non-resident process

At the same time, I would argue that if you believe that sending in more than what's required will help you, then by all means do it. What's the harm in that if it helps you get the permit?

The only thing I have against sending more documentation than the minimum requirement is the DOACS might like so much that they will require more from all of us. This is how the control starts, with something subtle like this. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Things are great like they are. I would hate to see a good thing get ruined.

The only thing I have against sending more documentation than the minimum requirement is the DOACS might like so much that they will require more from all of us. This is how the control starts, with something subtle like this. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Things are great like they are. I would hate to see a good thing get ruined.
... exactly !!!...

Hawaii is a strange place anyways, I went down to get a permit to acquire a new handgun (not a CCW) last week and they would not accept my NRA Pistol Instructors certificates, my NRA law enforcement pistol certificate, my Frontsite 4-day tactical pistol course (NRA Instructor signed), military firearms certs, or my CCW's as proof that I had firearms safety training. Oh, they did accept my 10 year old hunter safety card from California - as I recall they only spend 5 minutes on handguns at the hunter safety course.

Hawaii is a strange place anyways, I went down to get a permit to acquire a new handgun (not a CCW) last week and they would not accept my NRA Pistol Instructors certificates, my NRA law enforcement pistol certificate, my Frontsite 4-day tactical pistol course (NRA Instructor signed), military firearms certs, or my CCW's as proof that I had firearms safety training. Oh, they did accept my 10 year old hunter safety card from California - as I recall they only spend 5 minutes on handguns at the hunter safety course.

I'm surprised they accepted your CA hunter safety card. Under HRS 134, the only hunter safety card accepted would be the Hawaii Hunter Education card. Your military certs should have sufficed provided that they were accompanied by a notarized statement by your commander or some other "higher up" that attests to the fact that you were educated on Hawaii Law. You can have a bunch of certificates, certifications, etc, but unless you have a notarized document that meets specific criteria or the Hawaii State Hunter Education card, you're out of luck. What's messed up about the law is that as a Certified NRA Instructor, you would be able to write your own affidavit, provided that it was properly notarized and meet the specific requirements.

gf

I'm surprised they accepted your CA hunter safety card. Under HRS 134, the only hunter safety card accepted would be the Hawaii Hunter Education card. Your military certs should have sufficed provided that they were accompanied by a notarized statement by your commander or some other "higher up" that attests to the fact that you were educated on Hawaii Law. You can have a bunch of certificates, certifications, etc, but unless you have a notarized document that meets specific criteria or the Hawaii State Hunter Education card, you're out of luck. What's messed up about the law is that as a Certified NRA Instructor, you would be able to write your own affidavit, provided that it was properly notarized and meet the specific requirements.

gf

How is that messed up? If they are an instructor they should know how to handle a handgun. The requirement is that we all know your not some yahoo walking around who may accidentally discharge the weapon on their foot or others.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back