NON resident permit

Stephen Bowen

i live in GA and have a GA CCW permit. I was wanting a non resident permit from TN if they offer such a thing. Does anyone know?

i live in GA and have a GA CCW permit. I was wanting a non resident permit from TN if they offer such a thing. Does anyone know?

If just the State of Tennessee had a Web site dedicated to this topic, then one wouldn't need to ask random strangers in an Internet gun forum.

Link Removed

If just the State of Tennessee had a Web site dedicated to this topic, then one wouldn't need to ask random strangers in an Internet gun forum.

Link Removed

Sadly enough, you probably just helped this guy in every way possible anyway by supplying the link you posted, which is probably what he was silently looking for but, we'll just continue to pretend you scolded him for asking for help on a gun forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly enough, you probably just helped this guy in every way possible anyway by supplying the link you posted, which is probably what he was silently looking for but, we'll just continue to pretend you scolded him for asking for help on a gun forum.

Ever heard of sarcasm?

Ever heard of sarcasm?

Of course!! But usually it's presented better in order for it to be picked up on. Lol.

Plus, you've scolded people before for not doing their own research so, I was just sayin'...

Of course!! But usually it's presented better in order for it to be picked up on. Lol.

Plus, you've scolded people before for not doing their own research so, I was just sayin'...

I guess I should have just left off the link then to make you happy.

PS: Yes, this post is sarcasm too, since you have complained in the past about me scolding people.

I guess I should have just left off the link then to make you happy.
Why??...lol. You helped but, at a price.

PS: Yes, this post is sarcasm too, since you have complained in the past about me scolding people.

Hmm...

I wouldn't go as far to use the word complained, but in my defense, this is the first time you've stated you were just being sarcastic in your reply.

Look, all I'm saying, you could have just left it at posting a link for the guy without saying all the other stuff. But whatever, carry on.

Stephen --

I'm not sure why some of the repliers/responders here find the need to be so ugly/sarcastic on this website/forum. JMO. But, yes, many are!

From the Tennessee website:

Para 4, first bullet:

"Applicants are required to be a resident of the State of Tennessee"
Link Removed

TN Residency seems to be the rule. I am aware of the GA/TN geography and your possible proximity.

I shoot at an indoor range in TN but live in another state close to the state border. So I've been thru this.

I recommend that you look into the UT or AZ non-resident CCW permits for reciprocity, with FL and VA N/R next in line, if that's what you are looking for.

I have also seen -- apparently non-existent N/R Tennessee CCW permits discussed and recommended elsewhere.

TN non residency

Stephen --

I'm not sure why some of the repliers/responders here find the need to be so ugly/sarcastic on this website/forum. JMO. But, yes, many are!

From the Tennessee website:

Para 4, first bullet:

"Applicants are required to be a resident of the State of Tennessee"
Link Removed

TN Residency seems to be the rule. I am aware of the GA/TN geography and your possible proximity.

I shoot at an indoor range in TN but live in another state close to the state border. So I've been thru this.

I recommend that you look into the UT or AZ non-resident CCW permits for reciprocity, with FL and VA N/R next in line, if that's what you are looking for.

I have also seen -- apparently non-existent N/R Tennessee CCW permits discussed and recommended elsewhere.

Thank you, I have seen TN non residency recomended as you have suggested. I appreceate the help and humor from all replies. It reinforces my reluctance in using these forums. I do prefer doing my own research

Thank you, I have seen TN non residency recomended as you have suggested. I appreceate the help and humor from all replies. It reinforces my reluctance in using these forums. I do prefer doing my own research

The problem with not doing your own research is that you get a lot of opinions and not facts.

The State of Tennessee has no specific non-resident permit, but does give out-of-state residents the Tennessee Handgun Permit in certain situations according to TCA 39-17-1351 (r) (C). That's were the confusion about the non-existent non-resident permit comes from.

PS: All that RedWriter2015 did was click the Qualifications & Requirements link on the main TN Handgun Carry Permit Web site that I posted in post #2.

PPS: I am a TN resident and have a TN Handgun Carry Permit. One of the reasons why your own research is required is also that TN has changed its carry permit laws over the past years quite a bit. The most up-to-date information will be on the Web site of the issuing authority, including links to the current laws. Although, Handgunlaw.us tries to stay up to date as much as possible.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back