Non-resident permit

willyNH

Hey all

Hoping someone can give me info on non-resident carry licenses for PA. I am a NYS pistol license holder and wish to obtain my PA license as well.

Some people I shoot with have recommended that I apply with Centre County. However, on another post on this site, someone commented that their license from that county is just a piece of paper. I am spoiled (in a NY gun laws suck, but this is about as good as it gets kind of way) in my county in NY that the license is printed on a plastic "credit card" and is not subject to the dangers of clothes washers that paper permits are.

Are there other countys that are non-resident friendly that offer a more modern license?

Thank you,

-Matt

You may find it easier to get a non-resident permit from New Hampshire. The New Hampshire permit is honored by Pennsylvania. They only require a valid permit from another state and $20. Their turn-around is now running about 1 month (from phone call).

WillyNY

I just got my PA renewal a few weeks back. I'm also in upstate NY. My first license from PA was both the paper sheet (about 3x6) but they also sent me a shrunken laminated version to carry. This time around I didn't get the small version. I made a high quality wallet size copy and laminated it for carry. If I need to go to PA I'll take the original with me. When I get around to it I'll call the Centre County Sheriff's office and see if this would be OK.

Joe

Centre County PA

Matt
I just got off the phone with the CC PA sheriff's office. It is perfectly ok to shrink down the license to 60% and laminate it. This is what they do for resident licenses.

Cheers
Joe

I just got my NH Res permit and i am looking to get my PA permit. Is there a link i can get the forum from? Or do i have to call them and ask? NH Res permits are paper as well.

I LOVE PA. Sent out application on 10/24 recieved my permit today 10/30.

Hedy Pete I am a nys resident also, I live in Rockland county ny I just applied and was denied and the reason given was that I needed a "non restricted permit".

My current permit is for buisness security,home,sportsman What does your nys permit say on it

Are there any other nys residents with a non resident pa permit,if yes what does your permit say

All mine says is license to carry pistol. Thats cause the judges in Wayne County know there is nothing in the law about restrictons. When I got my PA LTCF from Warren County they told me if my license was restricted they couldn't do it.

I have a resident permit from Chester County, PA and mine is not paper but credit card sized and laminated. TOok two weeks or less for me to get my permit from the day I applied. Link Removed

Henry

7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reveived my PA non resident almost as fast as I would Chinese food!!! YEAH Centre County Sheriff's Dept. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to get the PA non resident in a timely manner.

7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reveived my PA non resident almost as fast as I would Chinese food!!! YEAH Centre County Sheriff's Dept. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to get the PA non resident in a timely manner.

I just had the same experience. The license requires my signature and returning two of the three part form. I'm including a personal letter of "Thank You" for this outstanding service from a public servant.

Centre County PA is very popular just photo copy your drivers license and pistol license and in a week your able to carry in PA ,even restricted permit holders from New York are given a CCW from what Sightontarget said.New York a full Carry is unrestricted,many of the PA counties know the restricted permit is not a full carry since it is written that way in the NYS Penal Law.Carrying a gun in PA with a non-resident CCW with your NY restricted permit handgun is opening a can of worms.The PA law means that your state must be a concealed carry state which NY is however the county permit you have must be no restrictions which equal full carry.Remember that the counties have the ability to put restrictions on your permit and the law allows this.Milford County PA issues a plastic card with your photo and takes about 6 weeks,you must go in person to do this.

Good morning all,
My first post on this site. My questions are in regard to this thread. I would like to get a CCW license for Chester County PA where my brother lives. I have gone to several websites for information. I cannot believe that here in NY state with our tough application process, we do not have a reciprocal agreement with PA!!! Go figure!!! :fie: Anyway, I have printed the 3 page application from the Centre County PA web page. I'm concerned that someone earlier in this thread mentioned that it is "just a piece of paper." Does that mean it may not be officially recognized in another county or just that it's not a hard credit card sized license as mine is here in NY?
Thank you one and all for any help you can give me on this.
Rich K.

Good morning all,
My first post on this site. My questions are in regard to this thread. I would like to get a CCW license for Chester County PA where my brother lives. I have gone to several websites for information. I cannot believe that here in NY state with our tough application process, we do not have a reciprocal agreement with PA!!! Go figure!!! :fie: Anyway, I have printed the 3 page application from the Centre County PA web page. I'm concerned that someone earlier in this thread mentioned that it is "just a piece of paper." Does that mean it may not be officially recognized in another county or just that it's not a hard credit card sized license as mine is here in NY?
Thank you one and all for any help you can give me on this.
Rich K.

The non-resident PA license is "just a piece of paper"...meaning it is printed on paper...and is not a plastic card. But you can laminate it. When i had the paper license i would fold it in half first then laminate it, as it is larger than credit card size without folding.

You said you printed 3 page application...just a heads up...Page 2 & 3 must be on the same piece of paper...front and back. Mail it in to Centre County sheriff and you will get the license back in the mail. and its good for all of PA...including Philadelphia...

PA Non Resident

Hello mrjam2jab, thanks for the reply. I did read on one of the PA websites that a license issued in any county within PA is good all over the state, so, I guess my question of whether all other counties would recognize a license issued by Centre County is redundant!!! My bad!!!

I forgot to ask one other question regarding the application; it says I need to list 2 references. Do these need to be PA residents or can they be one from PA and the other, my boss, the Sheriff of Delaware County NY? The application from Chester County PA where my brother lives says it MUST be 2 PA residents.

Thanks again

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back