Non resident permit restrictions

Abacab

Ok, it looks like I may finally be able to get a permit in Maryland. The State Police indicated my application will past muster but I am not counting the chickens before they hatch.

However, my permit will undoubtedly have a restriction on it limiting its use to when I am transporting my firearm collection. How will this effect my application to MA for a non-res permit? The MA application asks for a photocopy of your permit from your home state which (maybe) I have not had up until this point.

Will they put a restriction on their for me or will they give me a "No restrictions" license? I can't see any restrictions under the MA regime that are akin to what Maryland does.

I don't feel like applying unless I will get a Class A license.

From the bottom of page 1 of the application:

a Class A LTC may be issued with restrictions. Please refer to the information that accompanied your
application. An LTC issued by Massachusetts will be subject, at a minimum, to the same restrictions as the home
state license.

and from the MA restrictions:

TARGET & HUNTING – restricts possession to the purpose of lawful recreational shooting or competition; for
use in the lawful pursuit of game animals and birds; for personal protection in the home; and for the purpose of
collecting
(other than machine guns). Includes travel to and from activity location

Yes I saw that. But my maryland permit allows me to carry concealed anytime I have my collection with me. The MA permit restriction you pointed to does not allow concealed carry.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back