non-resident/non-landowner permit?

kskgeos

I see that S.C. shall issue CCW permits to non-resident land-owners, but there is no mention of whether or not they will issue to non-resident/non-landowners. Looks like my work may be taking me to some pretty rural areas of S.C. in the near future. I have a CCW permit for New Hampshire, but it is not reciprocal with South Carolina. Anyone have advise on how I can legally carry when visiting (please don't say "buy a piece of land" because that's not an option right now)?
Thanks!

There is no non-resident option for SC CWP other than if you own property. Doesn't have to be land, could be a condo, possibly a time share but not sure. Other than that you are limited to carrying in you console/glove box. Are you a NH rsident?

Since you say that you will be working in rural areas there is an option of buying a hunting/fishing license and if you get stopped you can tell then you are on your way to fishing. In SC you are permitted to carry while hunting/fishing or on the way to/from.

Hopefully the Govenor will sign the new reciprocity bill shortly and a few more states will be added but NH will not be one of them.

Yep, hang in there.... we may get a bill passed that will free you up a bit.

In the mean time.... depending on what you are doing out in those rural areas.... depends on where and how you choose to carry.... hard one to call.

Personally, having lived in S.C. for 51 years this coming Saturday.... even though I like to carry when out int the woods... I would be much more concerned while in our Urban areas.

Thanks, the only real concern while out in the 'country' in S.C. is stay away from trashy looking mobile homes (trailers) that smell funny.

Thanks, the only real concern while out in the 'country' in S.C. is stay away from trashy looking mobile homes (trailers) that smell funny.

I saw a thing on TV the other night about how many motel rooms are having to be decontaminated and how much it costs to do it. Very scary.

The main requirement is you have to be paying property tax on property in order to be eligible for a non-resident permit.

<snipped>
"Since you say that you will be working in rural areas there is an option of buying a hunting/fishing license and if you get stopped you can tell then you are on your way to fishing. In SC you are permitted to carry while hunting/fishing or on the way to/from."
------------------------------------------------
That would require a non-resident hunting/fishing license... expensive, and really is a bad idea. Would have too many questions to answer...

Howard

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back