Non-Resident License

cmhbob

Sig fault.
In 2010, I received my PA NR LTC (from Centre County) based on my Ohio CCW.

In September 2011, we moved from Ohio to Oklahoma, thus invalidating my Ohio CCW.

Was my PA LTC also invalidated at that point? I have not yet applied for or received an OK permit.

No...still good til it expires. You will need to get OK permit before renewing PA tho...IF you renew PA that is since it requires an in person appearance.

Yes your permit from PA is also revoked was what I was told by person in AG office when I called to ask
-A license to carry firearms may be revoked by the issuing authority for good cause. A license to carry firearms shall be revoked by the issuing authority for any reason stated in subsection (e)(1) which occurs during the term of the permit.
(ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state

If you possess a license to carry, and knowingly become ineligible, you must notify the sheriff of the county in which you reside and your permit may be revoked.

In 2010, I received my PA NR LTC (from Centre County) based on my Ohio CCW.

In September 2011, we moved from Ohio to Oklahoma, thus invalidating my Ohio CCW.

Was my PA LTC also invalidated at that point? I have not yet applied for or received an OK permit.

Have you notified PA of your change of address?

Yes your permit from PA is also revoked was what I was told by person in AG office when I called to ask
-A license to carry firearms may be revoked by the issuing authority for good cause. A license to carry firearms shall be revoked by the issuing authority for any reason stated in subsection (e)(1) which occurs during the term of the permit.
(ix) A resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by that state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state

If you possess a license to carry, and knowingly become ineligible, you must notify the sheriff of the county in which you reside and your permit may be revoked.

It's not an automatic revocation. The issuing sheriff has to go thru the official process to do it...if s/he chooses.

It's not an automatic revocation. The issuing sheriff has to go thru the official process to do it...if s/he chooses.

Duhh? What does that mean? if you tell them that your situation has changed and you are no longer eligible then the permit is revoked unless the sheriff fails do do their job, you are responsible to notify them of the change and they are responsible to do their job and revoke it.

You posted incorrect info and now you want to post more stupid info? just admit you were wrong and move on!!

Duhh? What does that mean? if you tell them that your situation has changed and you are no longer eligible then the permit is revoked unless the sheriff fails do do their job, you are responsible to notify them of the change and they are responsible to do their job and revoke it.

You posted incorrect info and now you want to post more stupid info? just admit you were wrong and move on!!

Nothing I posted was incorrect...but OK...moving on.....

On what do you base this claim? I don't recall ever seeing anything to this effect in state law.

I believe mrjam2jab's post was correct, despite your insulting response.

Link Removed Ask the AG yourself!!!

No, That's not how it works. You made a claim about the something (self-reporting of ineligibility) being required, so the burden of proof is yours to show that what you claim is correct.

I assert that there's nothing in the Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act (nor in caselaw) requiring a person who has become ineligible for a License to Carry Firearms to inform the issuing authority. If you think you can show otherwise then do so.

The AG's office doesn't make law, they prosecute crimes. The fact that someone there told you something doesn't particularly mean anything. Unfortunately law enforcement personnel are frequently terrible sources of information about laws. There are shelves of law books filled with cases in which courts have found that prosecutors misstated or misinterpreted relevant laws. A verbal opinion obtained in a phone call to some random person in the AG's office is only slightly more authoritative than "my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night."

Anyway, I agree that if the issuing authority becomes aware of a license-holder's ineligibility during the term of the license that state law requires the authority to revoke the license, but there's no requirement to inform the issuing authority of the fact that one has become ineligible.

Last edited:
My question is im a NY state resident (yeah I Know) and im currently in the process of getting my NY state Pistol License. My question is if any knows the answer. I have a Utah permit and i know PA doesnt recognize NY permits could i still carry in PA with a utah carry permit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back