Non-resident license/permits

Who here has a non resident permit ?

and

from which State ?

I'm waiting on a NH non-resident permit.... already twice the time the law allows.... tsk. tsk. tsk.

I have my SC permit and a NH non-resident permit.

I think of it as instead of the Wal-Mart stroll when you get your SC permit it is the Office Depot trip to make a copy of you Drivers License and send it along with the NH application and $20 to get your NH permit and make your SC one really good.

If SLED would go ahead and get off their butts with a SC and NH permit it should cover just about every state possible. That is if they follow through with what they promised the SC Senate to keep the full recognotion version from passing.

This forum contains a resource for creating an interactive map on where you can carry with a resident and one or more non-resident permit. Link Removed

I have a non-resident Washington permit. Since Idaho accepts their permits, I was told by my local sheriff's office I didn't need one from my home state.

I have a non-resident Washington permit. Since Idaho accepts their permits, I was told by my local sheriff's office I didn't need one from my home state.
If you plan to travel to Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, Florida, South Carolina, West Virginia, or New Hampshire, you will need to have an Idaho (home state) resident permit

Home state of New York, with non-resident permits for New Hampshire, Maine and Pennsylvania. Am currently waiting for my Florida permit to arrive in the mail.

If you plan to travel to Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, Florida, South Carolina, West Virginia, or New Hampshire, you will need to have an Idaho (home state) resident permit

Why would I want to travel there?

Seriously, when I travel I usually fly. My Washington permit will allow me to carry in those states I usually drive to, except Oregon, and they won't accept any out of state permits anyway. But I'm good in Washington, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming, all within driving distance. That's good enough for me.

Who here has a non resident permit ?

and

from which State ?

All I have are nonresident permits. I can't get one in Santa Cruz County, where I live. Living in a may issue state, I have come to learn that Santa Cruz County will not issue one to me. This is another topic for another thread.

I first took the Utah Nevada CCW class. Luckily, the instructor is certified to teach the nonresident Utah CCW class as well. For an extra $15, he signed my Utah application. I now have both.

I just found out that Florida does not accept nonresident CCW permits, so I applied for my nonresident Florida CCW. That application is pending.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back