Non-Resident CPL Application for Texas Resident CHL Holder

Texan7505

My wife and I are planning a trip to Washington state, specifically the Seattle area, around late spring to early summer in 2014. I am a Texas resident with a Texas State CHL. What is the best way to apply for a non-resident CPL in Washington State? I have read that I need to contact a police department or sheriff's office in Washington for the application, but I have no idea if one is better than another or what the process entails. I have in-laws that live in Alaska, and I can see having a non-resident Washington State CPL as beneficial, since Seattle is a standard layover point during our trips to Alaska. Thanks in advance.

Just go get a utah permit. It cover washington and lots easier to get one and gives you more states.

You can get a Utah permit ahead of time so that you can carry before receiving your Washington permit: Link Removed

You can apply for a Washington permit in downtown Seattle at the King County Sheriff's Office: Concealed Pistol License

link to Utah ccw info and what states honor it's permit`
Link Removed

"Although there are many states that will recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit, the State of Utah has formal reciprocity (written agreement) with the following states (Click on the name of the state for further information):"

Alabama
Alaska
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Louisiana
Mississippi
New Hampshire
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
South Dakota
Texas
Virginia
Washington State
West Virginia

may be best to check with Washington state authorities also for confirmation of just whose ccw they do honor.

18 USC 922 (q)(2) - Federal law - prohibits carrying a loaded firearm on public property within 1000' of the premises of a school with the main exception being that the person has a license issued by the same state the school zone is located in. This Federal law pretty much neuters any type of reciprocity. So, if the OP wanted to be legal to carry within 1000' of school premises in Washington (under most circumstances) that would require them to obtain the Washington CPL.

Unfortunately, CPLs must be applied for in person in Washington, so by the time a non-resident one-time tourist received their CPL after applying in person, their visit would likely be over. A non-resident can apply for a Washington CPL at any LEO agency in the state.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back