Non-Resident CCW Permit Which One to Get?

symtron

Redeemed One +
Just wondering which Non-Resident CCW permit would you or did you get? and Why?

Both New Hampshire and Florida look similar, any advantages one over the other?

Will my CCW class completion be accepted by Florida as proof of training?

TIA.

Symtron

added July 29th: I mailed my NH application this morning. Clock is ticking we'll see how long to receive back...

Last edited:
I only have the NH NR permit. At the time it was only $20 now it's $100. All that's needed to get one is a copy of your SC CWP. It gives me all the states I need to enhance my CWP...GA, AL, and MISS. Those are the main states that I travel to. My NH permit expires next year and even at $100 I'm going to renew it.

If you are looking for a cheap fix to the Georgia carry problem look into Centre County PA.... I think it's about $26.

I like to have a non Resident permit for the States I frequent, if they are obtainable. Florida and Virginia are more on my travel list than New Hampshire.

Oh, and yes your S.C. class will work for Florida.... the difficult part is the fingerprint cards... but Florida is really good about sending you everything you need with good instructions.

I hear good things about Centre County PA. From what I understand a copy of your current CCP and 26.00 and your good in quite a few states? Anyone know more about it?

Takes about two to three weeks to get....

at least that's the last I heard....

I think that's how long it took to get mine last year.

I hear good things about Centre County PA. From what I understand a copy of your current CCP and 26.00 and your good in quite a few states? Anyone know more about it?

Anybody have an address or link for this? Thanks in advance.

The link for the application is dead right now but here is the link for them. Link Removed The application link is this. Link Removed Another good page. Link Removed

The only problem I see is if you need AL and Miss it won't cover them.

For those who may have an interest, I sent my non-resident CWP application to Centre County, PA last Saturday morning using my home mail box. I sent the completed application, a copy of my driver's license, a copy of my SC CWP and a personal check for $26. A moment ago I retrieved my PA CWP from my mailbox. The entire process took less than a week! GREAT SERVICE! The permit expires August 4, 2014. My thanks go out to Sheriff Denny Nau!

Last edited:
I only have the NH NR permit. At the time it was only $20 now it's $100. All that's needed to get one is a copy of your SC CWP. It gives me all the states I need to enhance my CWP...GA, AL, and MISS. Those are the main states that I travel to. My NH permit expires next year and even at $100 I'm going to renew it.
You might want to consider a Utah NR permit, it will allow you to carry in Alabama and Mississippi and 27 other states, but not SC, which I guess is you home state. It doesn't give you Florida, but does give you Minnesota.
I took a class here in Illinois by a Utah certified instructor. Cost is about $65 for the permit, good for 5 years and renewal is only $10. I've had a Pa license for several years and is good as Utah in surrounding states, except Ohio. Wisconsin is a concealed carry right denied state and Michigan doesn't honor non-resident permits and Iowa don't accept any other states permit.

I'll have to agree the Centre County Pa folks give great service, are very helpful and courteous in answering questions, still issuing in less than 2 weeks even with more applications.

The only problem I see with the Centre County PA permit is it doesn't give you AL or Miss. I may look into getting a Utah NR permit and a Centre County PA just because of the cost factor.

Yes. I agree those are good states to have livng here in the South. I sent my NH app on July 29th and today Aug 10th they cashed my check. I'll let ya know when the permit arrives from NH.

Yes. I agree those are good states to have livng here in the South. I sent my NH app on July 29th and today Aug 10th they cashed my check. I'll let ya know when the permit arrives from NH.

OMG!!!

Guys,

I got home today and the wifey tells me I have a letter from New Hampshire I almost passed out.

I mailed my non resident permit application on July 29th. I saw the check was cashed on Aug 10th and today August 24th I have my brand new NH non resident pistol/revolver License in my sweaty fat hands!!!!

Counting Weekends this is 26 days from the day I mailed it!!!!

Amazing increase in time from what I've read here and other places. I bet the $100 fee slowed a lot of applications...

Anyway to the New Hampshire State Dept of Safety personnel....THANK YOU !!!!!

Bravo Zulu..

I wonder what happend to my NH application :sad: I send it in June 23rd with a certified check for $20 and haven't heard anything back at all. They passed that new fee after mine should have been recieved....

Aggressive1, they are probably still processing you... I sent my $20 in on July 1st... tried to post date everything and got it all returned with in about a week... So, not getting anything back yet is a good thing.

Thanks blume. I feel better. I should have sent them a personal check so I could see when they cashed it, but I thought sending it the way I did would help keep them from asking more another $80.

You might want to consider a Utah NR permit, it will allow you to carry in Alabama and Mississippi and 27 other states, but not SC, which I guess is you home state. It doesn't give you Florida, but does give you Minnesota.
I took a class here in Illinois by a Utah certified instructor. Cost is about $65 for the permit, good for 5 years and renewal is only $10. I've had a Pa license for several years and is good as Utah in surrounding states, except Ohio. Wisconsin is a concealed carry right denied state and Michigan doesn't honor non-resident permits and Iowa don't accept any other states permit.

I'll have to agree the Centre County Pa folks give great service, are very helpful and courteous in answering questions, still issuing in less than 2 weeks even with more applications.

Actually....WV is the ONLY neighboring state that accepts PA. NY, NJ, DE, MD and OH do not recognize PA.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back