Non resident AZ application

crappiekiller2

NRA Life Member
On the back of the application, it has "Firearms qualification and statutory review affidavit". If you are using a permit from your home state, what to you write in blank spot? The state permit that you are using for the training requirement?
I don't want to mess it up. Still new to CCP.
Thanks for the replies.

When I applied for my non-resident AZ CWP I sent a copy of my DD214 (Military service). I also included a copy of the cerificate where I completed my local CWP training along with a copy of my CWP. Anyone of those should cover.

In that spot I put "State of SC US Army See attached" Signed, dated and sent in.

Got mine pretty quick...30 days or so. Good Luck.

Mike

Just called yesterday to ask for packet, had wonderful conversation with DPS Concealed department, favoriate part of conversation was " We are a very gun friendly state" Gotta Love AZ.

On the back of the application, it has "Firearms qualification and statutory review affidavit". If you are using a permit from your home state, what to you write in blank spot? The state permit that you are using for the training requirement?
I don't want to mess it up. Still new to CCP.
Thanks for the replies.

Just write "IA Permit to Carry". You're including a copy of it...

thumbsup1.gif

They got my application on the 18th, so I called for a status report. They said they are a bit behind on applications and just entered apps that arrived on Aug 11. Looks like I have another few weeks to wait. The good news is that my Florida permit came in under a month.

Went down to AZ last month and took class with my son at Shooters World in Peoria. Mailed application from Washington State on Aug 11th, no permit so far as of Sept 8th. Should be here shortly but more than 2 weeks for sure. -G

*** Update *** Just spoke with CCW permit unit in AZ today (9/9/11). As of today they are just starting to enter the applications that were received by August 15. Mailed mine from Seattle area on 8/11 and it is not in the system yet. They said they are really backlogged due to the heavy volume of applications and it was taking 6 to 8 weeks to issue permits.

***Further update*** Talked with them again on 9/15/11. Said the receieved my app on 8/13/11, entered into system 9/13/11 so they are truly backlogged if its taking a month to enter applications after they get them. Would expect to see permit anytime from 2 to 4 weeks after entered into system.

Last edited:
The final lowdown on my AZ permit from WA State resident. They recieved my application on 8/13/11, entered into DPS system on 9/13/11. Permit issued on 10/1/11. Received in the mail on 10/6/11. Just short of 8 weeks total time. Thats the way it all went down.

- G

Were you visiting AZ anyway?

Yep, actually have home in both places. Had AZ permit 10+ years ago but let it lapse and never renewed it due to moving main state of residency to WA State. Figured I would take permit class with my son in AZ, so I did.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back