Non-Resident application!

createdeemcee

Hello Guys,

I am mooving into my second month of waiting for my FL concealed carry permit. I understand that it can take up to 3 months, but just for my own awareness, How long did it take to recieve yours??

Thanks,

Create.

47 days for me in 2006. Could be an increase in the number of applications sent in.
Good luck.

I applied in FL, and was electronically finger printed at the Sheriff's office in Gainesville. I got back to Hawaii and received my permit about a week later. This was back in March of 2005. Total wait time was about 3 weeks.

The fasted way to get a Florida permit is get finger prints done on computer in police station. I do not know if this applys to out of state appt.

What did you have to do for a FL non resident application?

My wife lives there and I'm trying to figure out how that process may work.

What did you have to do for a FL non resident application?

My wife lives there and I'm trying to figure out how that process may work.
The process is the same as for residents for the initial license. You go here to request the application package; be sure to select concealed weapon or firearm license application. The licensing division will mail you an application package.

You'll need what's outlined here.

If you're in Florida, you can have the fingerprints done electronically which will greatly speed the process. If they're done the old fashioned ink method the turn around time is typically around 60 days. If you reside in a State and have its respective CCW that is on the Florida reciprocity or recognition list then you do not need a Florida license to carry concealed in Florida. You are considered to be a resident of a State if your drivers license and CCW are from the same State or political subdivision of the State (i.e. you have a Nevada DL and you have a NV CFP issued through LVMPD).

Got Mine!! 42 days door to door. Not bad with a regular fingerprint card.

Oh, and I love the fact that the commisioner's name is Charles Bronsen hehe.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back