No to open carry


jason

New member
I won't my gun cocked and locked
 

mac1pine

New member
Jason, I appritiate you wanting your gun "cocked and locked" but what has that to do with open carry? I carry cocked and locked concealed legally here in Florida but I think having the option to carry openly is great, and where I've had the opportunity to be where you can, I did.
 

Axeanda45

Banned
I think the OP doesnt know what cocked and locked actually is.......Looks like he thinks it is unloaded and LOCKED so you cant use it.....
 
An explaination

Perhaps Jason needs to be educated. Locked & Cocked-a bullet in the chamber, safty off, hammer locked back. ex. 1911. Different pistols have different systems. As for me open or concealed Locked & Cocked is the only way to go, that 2/10, 3/10 or how ever long it takes you to rack a round could be the differece in life or death. Me I chose life.
 

jason

New member
That's bullet in the chamber and safety ON yes I know what it means I carry a 1911 but with the open carry law the gun has to be unloaded
 

Nightmare45

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Carrying an unloaded gun in CA is like carrying a club and I bet a club is illegal in LA also. Wish everyone would at least place their state on the post so we know which state we are discussing.
 

localgirl

New member
Oh, I see. He must live in Cali or something--weird open carry laws.

"Won't" is short for "will not." As in, "I called the dog, but he just won't get out of his bed." "Want" is to desire, like "I want to carry my pistol openly, but I won't, because I can't load it."
 

RobertW

New member
First...wow...long road

That's bullet in the chamber and safety ON yes I no what it means I carry a 1911 but with the open carry law the gun has to be unloaded

Second....why bother....just pick up a rock and throw it...it's cheaper
 

Treo

Bullet Proof
Perhaps Jason needs to be educated. Locked & Cocked-a bullet in the chamber, safty off, hammer locked back. ex. 1911. Different pistols have different systems. As for me open or concealed Locked & Cocked is the only way to go, that 2/10, 3/10 or how ever long it takes you to rack a round could be the differece in life or death. Me I chose life.

I think you meant safety on
 

emt232004

New member
That's bullet in the chamber and safety ON yes I know what it means I carry a 1911 but with the open carry law the gun has to be unloaded

Maybe you should read the laws and understand them before you make false comments like this. Michigan does not have such thing as an "open carry law" I carry openly cocked and locked no safety on all 95% of the time, the other 5% I carry concealed.
 

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
49,385
Messages
622,986
Members
74,201
Latest member
darajewett730
Top