No time/want/need for safe queens

Icewind

Just a few days ago (4) i picked up my new PX4 C model. Full size duty weapon. As it sat there I was like what am I going to do with this? Im not a collector. I only have 2 hands and can really only shoot 1 gun at a time. I don't have a need or desire for safe queens.

So I took it back. Told the owner this has no real purpose since it can't really be carried daily. Asked him if we could do another trade, for a small fee he agreed.

We spoke about what I needed. I told him I like to carry my PX4sc in 9mm but I do miss my 5 shot .357. So what I was looking for a carry piece I can use in the real world and something more than a 9mm.

Don't like .40 sw so that left .357 and .45.

After much handling and conversation I walked out with a Glock 32 in .357 SIG

So welcome me to world of Glock as of 5-20-11

when SHTF ill just pick up a gun from a dead body or be dead. Cant live forever
Now there is reasoning based on reality! I congratulate not on your new Glock (but that is good) but on your very disciplined actions. I would have kept the PX4, enjoyed it and still got the Glock!:biggrin: Of course money might be a consideration but since you are a realist and know "you can't live forever", you also know you can't take it$$$ with you!:no:

Just a few days ago (4) i picked up my new PX4 C model. Full size duty weapon. As it sat there I was like what am I going to do with this? Im not a collector. I only have 2 hands and can really only shoot 1 gun at a time. I don't have a need or desire for safe queens.

So I took it back. Told the owner this has no real purpose since it can't really be carried daily. Asked him if we could do another trade, for a small fee he agreed.

We spoke about what I needed. I told him I like to carry my PX4sc in 9mm but I do miss my 5 shot .357. So what I was looking for a carry piece I can use in the real world and something more than a 9mm.

Don't like .40 sw so that left .357 and .45.

After much handling and conversation I walked out with a Glock 32 in .357 SIG

So welcome me to world of Glock as of 5-20-11

Congrats on the Glock, would not mind haveing a 357, but we already have a 26, 27, and 23, just one thing on your caliber choice, if you happen to find ammo halfway cheap buy lots of it, 357 sig is right there with 10mm it can be found but you will pay

Congrats with your Glock...if you can't find enough ammo for it, at least that'll do for a paper weight for a while until you can use it to whack someone's head with it...(...j/k...) The PX4 will be more useful. Anyway, welcome to the real world. When you can find some ammo for your gun, buy them by the box loads like when the 380 nearly went out of business, that's what we did...now it is everywhere here. Maybe one day the 357 stocks will not be too bad...

357 sig is a neat cartridge, fast, super accurate, and being a glock, gun should operate flawless, but the ammo can be had mostly on line, but it cost's 2 or 3 times what 9mm or 40 S&W cost's, I would say where you can get it but I'm not sure how Luke is with unsolicited advertising

A truly practical man in these days of over the top indulgences. I have heard the "only two hands" reasoning over the years, if only we had four. By the way, I do love indulgences.

got rid of all my guns and ended up with just 2. Glock 32 compact in .357 SIG and Glock 36 slim sub compact in .45 ACP. Single stack 6 + 1. I hope other than maybe a Mossberg Mariner (really want a Mariner) this is the last of my gun buying/trading

Me, seems like I just buy more these days. Years ago I got divorced and lost half my collection to the ex. The rest got sold off piece by piece (think: child support). Now I can afford my indulgences and the only place my guns are going are to my kids when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

First I would think that you can get a drop in .40 barrel, the mags should be the same, if you want to play with a cheaper round.

Second, "only two hands".
EDC (usually 2 similar ones in case of work needing to be done), small pocket carry for super concealment, USPSA guns for at least 2 divisions, everyone needs at least one revolver, everyone needs at least one .22, and most important everone needs a 1911.

You can rationalize almost anything.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back