No More CRs Allowed?

r1derbike

Off topic, but I need to know. Why no CRs allowed any more? Text crammed into single line posts are hard to follow, and don't allow double spacing when subject material changes.

So, am I missing something here? Any way to get around this? My old eyes can't pick-up the next line of posts if they contain too many single spaced lines of text.

Off topic, but I need to know. Why no CRs allowed any more? Text crammed into single line posts are hard to follow, and don't allow double spacing when subject material changes.

So, am I missing something here? Any way to get around this? My old eyes can't pick-up the next line of posts if they contain too many single spaced lines of text.

I agree that a wall of text without paragraphs are bad form. Obviously CR's are alive as well, as you demonstrated in the above post, and hopefully will be demonstrated in my post.

And yes for those that post from mobile devices there is a keyboard option on their device that has a true CR/LF (carriage return/line feed) function.

You should start a new paragraph when: When you begin a new idea or point. New ideas should always start in new paragraphs. If you have an extended idea that spans multiple paragraphs, each new point within that idea should have its own paragraph.

I don't read walls of text, as I already understand there is likely nothing worthy of the effort if the writer can't/won't have the common sense/courtesy to use paragraphs.

I misrepresented my question, sorry. Before, I could just hit the enter button twice to start a new line of text double-spaced, it shows-up in my reply box as double-spaced, but when it is written to the thread, it winds-up single spaced.

A setting of mine incorrect?

If you notice the sentence above, "A setting of mine incorrect?" is not double spaced as it was in my quick reply box. This is just a recent development, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue after recovering their computer, or inadvertently set a parameter to not mimic the text in the reply box? Trying to get to the bottom of this. I believe I just found it. I'm using internet exploiter as my browser now, instead of firefox, which had been crashing all the time with flash player. Sorry for the false alarm, ladies and gents...

I misrepresented my question, sorry. Before, I could just hit the enter button twice to start a new line of text double-spaced, it shows-up in my reply box as double-spaced, but when it is written to the thread, it winds-up single spaced.

A setting of mine incorrect?

I see a blank line between your two paragraphs,

and a blank line between the two lines in my response. What do you see?

vvvvv..... the below is a screen shot of the double spacing I see..

^^^^^^ end of screen shot image

How about in the image I posted that is a screen shot of what I see.

I'm using whatever the latest version of Firefox is.

I think I encountered this before...
Check your Settings (top of forum page) / General Settings (left side of new page under My Account) and be sure

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
Basic Editor - A simple text box
Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls
.. is selected under Miscellaneous Settings (at the bottom of the page).

It may or may not help, but I think I've encountered this before.

Thanks for all the replies from every one! For gits and shiggles I'm using build 39.0 of firefox to see if I had not only flash problems, but this double-space issue. Everything is fine now, but I'm going to check on your input, Fallschirmjager. I'll report what I find later using internet exploiter. I just had my first ever riding lawn mower delivered by a big box retailer, and it fell off the fork lift when the pallet failed, and landed on its head from about 5 ft. Brilliant. I've gotta meet my wife at a restaurant. She just called.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back