No Gun Signs

mmracing

I'll be moving to Arizona in the near future and I'm reading up on the CCW laws. I do have my CCW from Kansas and will transfer it to Arizona when it expires (I read you can legally do that). My question is about "No Gun Signs". I read this on Handgunlaw and want to make sure I understand it:

-------------------------------------------
Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?
“YES”

Arizona does not require any specific wording, size, location or format for No Firearms signs which
prohibit the carrying of a firearm on private property. The only requirement is that the signs provide a
Reasonable Notice that firearms are prohibited. They do not need a sign if the property owner has someone
at the door giving notice to those who enter. If you enter a property that does not have signs and the owner
or person in charge of the property ask you to remove the firearm you have to or you can be charged with
trespassing.

Arizona does have wording in their law concerning the posting of Places that Serve Alcohol and
specifications for that posting. See 4-229. However a place that serves alcohol can post any type of no gun
sign they wish and they have met the letter of the law and 4-229 penalties can be applied.

Failure to obey a properly posted sign or the verbal instructions of the property owner or those who represent
then could result in you being charged with Criminal Trespass.
--------------------------------------------

So this means if you are caught CCW in a business with a sign then you can be charged with Criminal Tresspass (felony)? I suppose I will be putting my CCW in my vehicle gun safe before entering... what a pain seeing as sometimes you don't see the sign until you get to the door. Probably the best option is to not spend my money at establishments that are posted.

What is everyone's thoughts?

We winter in Yuma, get used to seeing OC. Other than the Banks, Police station, Courthouse, Schools, other Normally restricted places, you don't run into many "No Guns" signs in the South-West area of Arizona.

in my visits to scottsdale I usually just see the signs posted at bars that attract a rowdy crowd

The only way the trespass charge can apply is if you are FIRST asked to leave and refuse. The act of carrying onto a NO GUNS business is not de facto trespassing. Concealed means concealed, and thus....hide that roscoe and don't worry about it.

Most people have their heads so far up their butt anyway they won't notice you trying to conceal a 105mm mortar under a wife beater.

The only way the trespass charge can apply is if you are FIRST asked to leave and refuse. The act of carrying onto a NO GUNS business is not de facto trespassing. Concealed means concealed, and thus....hide that roscoe and don't worry about it.

Most people have their heads so far up their butt anyway they won't notice you trying to conceal a 105mm mortar under a wife beater.

True statement. Violating the sign alone is not enough to warrant charges. On the flip-side... if no sign is posted you can still be asked to leave (or otherwise remove the gun from the premises) and get charged if you do not comply.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back