no "concealed weapons carrying permit" sign

miah84

This sing is located at my local hospital in Inverness FL. , Citrus Memorial Hospital. I thought it was a bit strange it included the wording "including concealed weapons carrying permits"

In case you can't read it it states....

FIREARMS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THESE PREMISES
Carrying of firearms is not permitted on CMHS property
(including concealed weapons carrying permits)
With the exception of Law Enforcement Officers.
VIOLATORS WILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE TRESPASSING AND WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PREMISSES

No big deal just thought I'd share

Trust me if they could legally stop LEO from carrying on site they would do that too. I think its shameful we have allowed private opinion to usurp our rights.

Trust me if they could legally stop LEO from carrying on site they would do that too. I think its shameful we have allowed private opinion to usurp our rights.

Sad but true... Regardless I honored there wishes (stupid though they may be)

Here in Michigan it is the law that we cannot carry in a hospital.

For now....

SB 58 is supposed to be coming out of committee in the near future, and it appears that it has the votes to pass - as long as Snyder doesn't veto it. SB 58 will do away with gun free zones for CPL holders. Private property owners will still be able to declare their properties off-limits. I am working with legislators to get a bill passed that will prohibit businesses (places of public accommodation) from preventing employees or customers from exercising their Second Amendment and Michigan constitutional right to self defense.

The Sentara & CHKD hospitals in Hampton Roads Virginia have the same sign. Sentara asks that you store your legally carried weapon with hospital security. I for one am not leaving my gun with them.

FIREARMS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THESE PREMISES
Carrying of firearms is not permitted on CMHS property
(including concealed weapons carrying permits)
With the exception of Law Enforcement Officers.
VIOLATORS WILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE TRESPASSING AND WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PREMISSES

THIS IS B*** S***

As a retired LE, i love having friendly guns around me.

Our local hospital here in Idaho also has a sign. It's probably common practice with hospitals. I ignore it. As mentioned earlier, they will ask you to leave... so what?

If caught, you will be asked to leave. So what?

The OP is from Florida. You need to know if your hospital has Psych facilities.

F.S. 394.458 says that “…except as authorized by law…” “…it is a 3rd degree felony to bring, possess or transport a firearm…” on the grounds of any hospital providing mental health services. Most all E.R.’s have a “Psych room”. While F.S. 790.06(12) does not specifically prohibit it; there is no case law yet. Want to be a test case?

GH

If I remember correctly, a sign would be required stating concealed carry is not permitted per F.S. 394.458 on any facility with mental health services.

Hello champr. It is possible they changed their policy. I was just at the CHKD in Norfolk (601 Children's Lane), and I did not see any signage. I looked pretty hard for signs, but didn't find any. I found plenty of "No Smoking" signs, though.

If you're carrying concealed, who will know? I go into stores and places of business carrying a lot. No body knows it, and if they knew and asked me to leave, I go and take my business and money with me and bad mouth them to other carriers and gun rights people. So how do they think they come out ahead?
But then again, some will cut off their nose to spite their face, as they say.

Hello champr. It is possible they changed their policy. I was just at the CHKD in Norfolk (601 Children's Lane), and I did not see any signage. I looked pretty hard for signs, but didn't find any. I found plenty of "No Smoking" signs, though.

It is quite possible that they changed their policy since February 2012 when the OP was made. After all, it is May 2016. Laws have changed in the meantime too.

Sadly some people believe that a CC permit gives them special privileges when they enter a business or facility with gun buster signs.

I've never understand why they don't just put up a sign that says "Person's committing a crime on these premises will be considered trespassers and asked to leave." Why prohibit legal activity when they could just post a sign prohibiting criminals from entering the premises?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back