NH none Resident Permint Set to go up.

It has happened IT"S NOW 100 for four years and 100 to renew it. I gave Luke the heads up to change the web site it's self. The state has already updated the PDF permit application so if you click on the Non resident permit PDF link on the site and scroll to the bottom it now says 100.00 and asks you to send it to the same place.

Even if you have a Non resident permit from a state on the "So called accepted list" NH really only honors resident permits from those states. Funny thing is we just had a case in court. Guy got arrested for carrying concealed "two handguns and he also had on body armor" He was arrested for carrying with out a permit even though he did hold a VA Non resident permit. he was also arrested for operating a vehicle with out proper paper work among other things. . Now behind closed doors a deal was made to drop all the gun charges. He has yet to get his guns back as the police department wants him to fill out back ground check paper work so they can run a search on him to see if they will turn his guns back over to him. No he is not a felon. But if you feel like being the next case study on NH law carry concealed with a out of state non resident permit.
Not that I agree with this law (actually, I think it's pretty dumb) but it is no secret that NH only recognizes a permit from a persons home-state, or a N.R. NH permit. Anyone who went through the process of getting a permit is a fool if they don't verify where they may or may not use it.

Sounds like this particular fool got very lucky.

Not that I agree with this law (actually, I think it's pretty dumb) but it is no secret that NH only recognizes a permit from a persons home-state, or a N.R. NH permit. Anyone who went through the process of getting a permit is a fool if they don't verify where they may or may not use it.

Sounds like this particular fool got very lucky.

It's not a law. It's something that was added into the new state budget for the year. Idk if it will hang around or just something for this year. I cant find anything on it other then in the state budget that was just passed and i don't feel like reading it. I would be here till i get SSI. At any rate they did it to boost income for the state as the money from your permits is put into a state account and used for things around here. as the demand for NH permits in hitting the roof it will also allow them ( if they so chose to do so. To hire more help) so the turn around time is less. Where As the money from Resident permits is used for the department's the permit was approved by. So i see no hint at the cost of ours going up for that reason as well as a vary few people in the state use that right and the other half have no idea about the permits. I do feel bad for Y'all but at the same time every state is jacking something up to bring in more money.

I'll probably just let mine expire. I'm already covered in New Hampshire by my resident IN permit. The only state I gain with NH that my IN and PA permits don't cover is MS, and since I never go there anyway, I'm not really losing anything.

It's not a law. It's something that was added into the new state budget for the year.
[snip]
I do feel bad for Y'all but at the same time every state is jacking something up to bring in more money.

My post had nothing to do with the NR permit price going up. Read it again, and comment if you wish.

i sent my nh non resident permit on Monday 6.29.09 and enclosed the 20.00 as stated on the form . What do you think they will do.?
I tracked it and they received it this morning

i sent my nh non resident permit on Monday 6.29.09 and enclosed the 20.00 as stated on the form . What do you think they will do.?
I tracked it and they received it this morning[/QUOT

They may approve it i say may. As i think they passed it on the 29th and it went into action that day. If not they may call you and ask you to send more money. Or they will deny it dew to insufficient funds. Your best best is to call the state police and ask. If they do deny it on you it will have no effect and you will be able to reapply and resend a check for 100.00.

they're just getting behinder and behinder

I sent in my NR app in February, with the check for $ 20. By late May, i hadn't heard a peep - so i wrote a letter explaining i was re-applying because they MUST have lost my original app; sent them a new form and a new check for $ 20. Now it's July.

I called today. Hooray, they finally emptied the voicemail so that the ring goes to a recording, and i actually got a call back from a nice lady named Rosemary. She told me they were today, just working on apps received in March. Had no record of my February mailing. Never cashed the check.

They probably want to lose the May app, making me reapply again and this time, send them $ 100.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back