NH none Resident Permint Set to go up.

S&WM&P40

Just a FYI to all who are thinking about or want to get a NH Non-Resident permit. As of July 1 2009 the cost for the permit is set to increase by the amount of 400%. It's going from 20 dollars to 100 dollars. I have also been told that that will also be the cost to renew a Non-Resident permit you may already hold. As New Hampshire does not distinguish between a new application and a renewal. You can find all of this in writing if you don't want to take my word for it. By looking up HB1 and HB2. You will have to search the test as they are the state budget.

Keep in mind that is has not yet passed but if it does then it will go up. Still has to be signed in and all the good jazz. So if you want one do it while it's still 20 dollars. I'M hoping that it does not go up at all because the next thing to be jacked up would be the In state permits and that would just blow.

What they don't realize that as they raise the applicaton fees, the number of applicants will dramatically decrease. They won't make as much money as they think they will.

gf

I think that's what they are going for. As they cant meet the deadline for all the Applications already in. People are saying a lot of stuff about it. From it will increase the amount of applications to it will cut them in half and so on. They also say it will give them more funds to add more staff and get things done on time. I really have no idea what will happen i talked with the start police today and they said they know about the plan to do it. They just have as of yet not been told to make is so. They are waiting the the big boys to give the go ahead and for it to be passed. I will keep a eye on it and let Y'all know what happens.

Postmarked my application yesterday! So hopefully they accept mine at the old fee. It doesn make sense to raise the out of state fee some if they are going to use the money for the property purposes such as making the resident permit applications go faster. Their first right is to the citizens of the state.

Postmarked my application yesterday! So hopefully they accept mine at the old fee. It doesn make sense to raise the out of state fee some if they are going to use the money for the property purposes such as making the resident permit applications go faster. Their first right is to the citizens of the state.

They are not raising it for that reason. I really as of right now have no idea why they are doing it. Other then to bring in more money for the state. The NH state police only do Non- resident permits they do not handle Resident permits that's done by our local town/city police department or if they have no department two other people can grant the permit. So it has nothing to do with us and our permits just out of state.

The solution

What will be part of the solution would be if NH started honoring non-resident CCWs. If they did, I wouldn't need a NH license.

That wouldn't help me. NH just gets me states like GA, AL, and I think Tennesse which all do not reciprocate with SC.

That wouldn't help me. NH just gets me states like GA, AL, and I think Tennesse which all do not reciprocate with SC.
A better long term solution for you is Utah. A non-resident Utah gives you DE, MN, NV, PA and WA over a non-resident NH. TN is a "we honor all" State. Unfortunately you'd still need to get NH if you plan on going there.

Thanks, I'll have to take a look at UT. I actually plan to go out there in the next two years for some off roading. While the NH is only for the reciprocity states....I have no actual intention of going there.

What they don't realize that as they raise the applicaton fees, the number of applicants will dramatically decrease. They won't make as much money as they think they will.
They probably could get away with $40 every four years, but $100? That's a bit outrageous. Unfortunately some of us will pay it. Since I renewed my NH last October, I'll probably take my SIG-Sauer Academy classes during the term of my current NH then let it lapse. I'm going to be composing an e-mail to the legislature. What would be reasonable would be $40 and removing the requirement that only out of State CCWs issued to residents be honored.

Good luck. You may have some pull if you lived in the state but i don't see it doing much good for a out of starter to write a letter as you cant vote for them. So they will just blow you off. Shit they blow the natives off half the time. 100 really is not that bad for four years. Look at FL they have 100 fee. As the new state budget was just passed last night i would get ready for the new fee. I will keep a eye out for everyone and let you know.

Good luck. You may have some pull if you lived in the state but i don't see it doing much good for a out of starter to write a letter as you cant vote for them. So they will just blow you off. Shit they blow the natives off half the time. 100 really is not that bad for four years. Look at FL they have 100 fee. As the new state budget was just passed last night i would get ready for the new fee. I will keep a eye out for everyone and let you know.
Florida has a seven year license term which makes it about $15.29 a year.

What happened to the Live Free or Die motto of your State? Is it now Live Expensive or Die? If you let this pass, what are they going to do next?

What will be part of the solution would be if NH started honoring non-resident CCWs. If they did, I wouldn't need a NH license.
Any idea why those couple of states even have that rule? I can't think of a good reason, myself.

And holy crow, :blink: 6 other permits, and an instructor in 3 states, I'd say you've proven yourself as worthy to carry in NH. Pretty sad that all I had to do was fill out an app. and pay $25, and my PA permit lets me carry there.

Florida has a seven year license term which makes it about $15.29 a year.

What happened to the Live Free or Die motto of your State? Is it now Live Expensive or Die? If you let this pass, what are they going to do next?

Oh trust me it is live free and die. We take that to the heart here. But we are already fighting on all fronts here on so many things. We just shoot down another attempt to pass a seat belt law in our great state. Now if they did pass it and have a seat belt law the state could get the funds for road work. But people in our state want the right to choose for them self's if they want to wear one or not. Shot down a Helmet law and so on and so on. As for us letting the suits throw the out of starters under the bus as i said we can only do so much. For the most part only a small part of NH uses it's right to carry and has any idea about the permits. It's not something that will see a down fall of income to company's and store fronts so no one really cares. As for letting them pass it. It was not something that came out for a vote it was something added to a state budget it was not in the news or on any of the forums. I only found out about it two days ago from the state police. Them passing it ( they have not yet as far as i know) would not affect in state permits as again the state does not handle them. The local towns/city's do and the ten dollars covers the background and other checks. Out side of the town/city that issued you the permit no other law enforcement department even knows you have a permit you have to tell them ( if you choose to) Running your name brings nothing up it's only in that local system. If you choose not to come to NH because of them raising a fee on permits. So be it but that's a shitty reason lol.

Yep, just read it in the paper. I would still take the $100. for 4 yrs. as a Non-Res. than having to deal with $100. for 1 year for Non-Res. MA.

Yeah it passed a few days ago when they passed the new state budget. He just signed it like today. So i would give it a week or so then call the state police ( they may start it sooner) More income for the state. more money for them to hire more people. If you don't want to spend that then just open carry IT"S LEGAL IN NH. Only thing you cant do is carry in a car with out a permit. but if you want to carry concealed then your going to have to pay the fee. Even if you have a Non resident permit from a state on the "So called accepted list" NH really only honors resident permits from those states. Funny thing is we just had a case in court. Guy got arrested for carrying concealed "two handguns and he also had on body armor" He was arrested for carrying with out a permit even though he did hold a VA Non resident permit. he was also arrested for operating a vehicle with out proper paper work among other things. . Now behind closed doors a deal was made to drop all the gun charges. He has yet to get his guns back as the police department wants him to fill out back ground check paper work so they can run a search on him to see if they will turn his guns back over to him. No he is not a felon. But if you feel like being the next case study on NH law carry concealed with a out of state non resident permit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back