Nh law and personal insight

meused

Hey just purchased my first gun in nh also have my cc for nh. Had a few questions I don't know who to ask or where to go but my main questions are what is the idea on deadly force and what can't happen
Second is if I cc and switch to oc thru out the day is that ok
Third if I am confronted by someone in public as to my firearm what is the best way to handle the poor attention that will be followed

Sent from my SPH-L710 using USA Carry mobile app

Can you legally open carry?
Can you legally concealed carry?

I don't see why it would matter if you switched from one to the other as long as you weren't handling the gun in public (brandishing) if you can legally do both.

A quick check showed that NH is an anomalous open carry state, so there are some restrictions, I guess the devil in the details of what those restrictions might be.

NC is an Permissive Open Carry State meaning if you can legally own a gun, anyone can open carry. I have a CHP, and I can carry concealed, and tuck my shirt behind my gun and OC as many times as I choose during the day.

The best thing for you to do is get training!!

Now, your asking legal advise on the internet. Lets assume someone tells you "yes, you can do that", but he is wrong and you get arrested. Do you really think your going to stand in front of a judge and say "Yah this guy on the internet said I could" ?
Ask a lawyer
Go to nh's web site and do some research

Hey just purchased my first gun in nh also have my cc for nh. Had a few questions I don't know who to ask or where to go but my main questions are what is the idea on deadly force and what can't happen

NH has a SYG law in effect, but regardless of that, never shoot unless you have absolutely NO other option! Familiarize yourself with the law SB 0088

Second is if I cc and switch to oc thru out the day is that ok

You can do whatever you like, but I'd just be tasteful with where you make that switch.

Third if I am confronted by someone in public as to my firearm what is the best way to handle the poor attention that will be followed

That most likely won't happen, I've gotten some strange looks in and around Nashua, but that's about it, the cops aren't super pro gun there but in the end nothing will happen. When I'm in the Manchester area nobody looks twice, probably because of MFL and all the gun owners that are in the area to shoot there. IF you actually got harassed by a non cop I'd just say something like "It's legal for me to do so, and criminals don't advertise, now if you'll excuse me............."

I'd also check out the Porcupine 411 system for NH, If you ever get into crap, you call and leave a quick message saying who you are and WHERE you are (specifically) and you will most likely have the Calvary (law abiding gun owners / witnesses) on the way
Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back