NFOA narrow mindedness and PC alignment

tuts40

Anybody else here belong to NFOA and notice the admin's/moderators are very prone to be hypersensitive and very prone to align with the PC crowd? One in particular is deleting posts if he feels that the post doesn't fit into what seems a very narrow window of "free speech" that he subjectively allows? I can just see him sitting at his computer getting upset because someone put a post at the forum that he himself finds outside his own comfort zone. Sad.

You know the type, would be kinda like :nono:

I appreciate forums like this one, and "We The Armed" that allow open and free speech, where ideas can be presented and debated without fear of elitist forum management hyper-mongering. Although it's what my fingers typed, is "hyper-mongering" a real anything?

Last edited:
Hi tuts40,
Been on the NFOA forum for some time now. I dont agree with every opinion I read there but cant say I have seen any overly heavy handed activitiy by the admin. I do agree that some on that list feel that only those who have had extinsive training can be trusted to carry which I find odd as this is the same argument that those who would ban shall issue used to prevent CC in the first place. But debate on this has gone on with out censorship as far as I have seen. Could you give some more detailed examples of what you are asking about because its possible I have missed the posts involved. So far I have felt that the NFOA forums have been a good thing for Nebraska firearms owners and if there are issues its worth knowing about. After all nothing is perfict and opposing opinions need to be aired to keep things open and on track. On the other hand some kinds of behavior do need to be dealt with, I have seen this stuff get out of control on other lists. Dont kid yourself, there are those who are watching what we as gun owners are saying on formats like thsese and some common sense needs to be kept in mind. Its a balancing act thats hard for admin to deal with.

Guzzirider,

You may have missed the posts I'm refering to because an admin deleted them. I made reference to those living in a flood plain as looking a bit silly when they wonder how it could be that the river floods, and an admin decided he'd have to delete it and give me a "warning". Yeah, not kidding. Then, another post elsewhere on a subject of carrying EVERYWHERE versus where you are "allowed" and I ended the post with something like "please, admin, if you find this one offensive and delete it as well then you do need to wonder about not only your support level of the 2nd A. but also the 1st amendment". I'm now banned from posting for a month.

If I say I'd recommend carrying everywhere not just where it's "allowed" and if I point out how "silly" a man is for taking a knife to a gathering of hundreds cause "no guns allowed" at a hunting/sports show, and if I point out such sillyness and then inform all that if he deletes a post due to being offended then he needs to think about his 1st A. stance and he then deletes and bans... Well, you do the math.

I think the fact that NFAO is doing well with growing membership and that he has a position at the helm has gone to his head, frankly.

I support with membership the NRA, SAF, GOA, JPFO, USCCA. I support via purchases and donation in addition to membership the SAF and JPFO. (The NRA has compromised way too much for me to want to ever donate to them above membership dues) I also have a number of magazine subscriptions and purchase guns/ammo/supplies from free thinkers. I have taken 9 men and one woman shooting, at an outdoor gun club i belong to, for thier first time shooting! I've taken my wife and both my sons to Front Sight as I have a membership there. I pass out information regarding our Bill of Rights and our Countries wonderful heritage that I purchase at JPFO, and leave material at every waiting room I visit and on many bulliten boards I run accross. I support freedom minded local politicians and the right-wing Tea Party type national ones. I belong to this forum and three others, including NFOA and have never had issues till this guy there.

For a guy at a forum to treat me like I have to watch what I say is not only offensive to me, but should be offensive to anyone who respects freedom.

Last edited:
Political correctness is merely an attempt to convince someone it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

tuts40,
I must admit that your comments as stated would not fall under what I would see as in need of admin action. They are after all just opinions and could be debated if one should choose to but indeed censure is not called for. Like any other list I am part of I only read a small portion of all that is listed and just those threads that catch my interest so its no supprise that I did not see your posts or the resulting actions. I will however from now on keep this in mind and see if what you have pointed out continues to take place. I agree with you that censure instead of debate is offensive and one should not ignore it. Thanks for presenting your case.
As for "hyper-mongering". It has a nice ring to it but I am not sure one could find it in Websters. Ya never know, it might stick.

Guzzirider,

Guess what... I looked online and wound up at dictionary.reference.com and looked up "mongering". Ha, came up with the word "monger": "a person who is involved with something in a petty or contemptible way". Hehe, hell dude, sometimes we stumble onto perfection and have no flipp'n idea!

tuts40 Took a look and your post is still there...

"Schools, malls with "no guns" signs, etc are full of people NOT armed and therefore are the softest targets. Westroads anyone? I'm sure there were a good number of people at the hunting show with enough sense to discretely carry, and did so. The reason a person carry's, and trains, is in hope that if the unthinkable happens it has a better chance of being stopped with a handgun than a cell phone. If lives, including your own, are in danger and innocent lives could be saved by taking action with a handgun, why would you not want one with you? Did you really go the the event unarmed? I bet not. I'd hope not. After all, if your life was about to be taken by a knife or gun wielding thug at a gathering of sheeples, would you rather be a (illegal) law following victim or a (illegal) law breaker that saves your own life? I either do not go at all to these things or i go armed. Period. It pisses me off when people think that following illegal laws and potentially placing themselves in further jeopardy is a good or noble thing. If a guy is 20 feet from you shooting up a crowd, what are ya gunna do, throw your knife at him? "It will not happen" is a great response, but explain that to families of the Von Maur shooting, Columbine or Virginia Tech or to the victim's families of any of the more recent shootings. Look up "Dr Suzanna Gratia Hupp" and her experience at Lubby's. She was not armed, being a law abiding citizen and thinking about what others would say that day... Anyway, I've finnished my rant and if needed the moderators at large can delete this post as well, i feel better knowing i've inserted some common sense and exercised free speech and if that bothers anyone, well, I'm simply following the FIRST TWO AMENDMENTS of our Constitution and if you delete this because you are offended you might want to examine YOUR feelings about those first two ammendments!"

Your other post was over the top though... I captured it before it was deleted.

"This may be harsh, but I had a thought as i drove out of town this past monday heading north on I-29. I remembered those living in a bowl, below sea level and right next to the sea, IN AN AREA BELOW SEA LEVEL RIGHT NEXT TO THE OCEAN AND RIGHT NEXT TO A HUGE LAKE, BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE LAKE WATER AS WELL. New Orleans. ...Get my point? I can't even say (type) it here cause it just sounds like something that someone would say simply to raise blood pressures. You know tho, what my thought was that day and deep inside you must agree with it on some level."

"it just sounds like something that someone would say simply to raise blood pressures"

and it was just that.

Sounds like you were asking for it, and you got it

I suppose you are welcome to your opinion. As for me I stand by that post, both of them. If you live in a flipp'n flood plain you gunna get some flood'n...

In so far as my asking for it, maybe you are right. Posting opinions without a PC b-tch "punishing" you is something any free man should expect and should NOT be too much to ask for! Look at this very forum and the guys hurling actual insults toward another along with name calling along with some pretty harsh attacks to many different groups of people and yet it's tolerated. ...That's alright, in my opinion, as we should be man enough to take some name calling and tolerant of those with different opinions.

The NFOA group is doing good things and I do support the mission they've set for themselves. I happen to prefer to join in with and financially support (as I may very well here soon) an organization who not only supports (most of the idea of) the Second Amendment but also, now get this, the First Amendment.

To those who were offended by my post I'll offer this: Pull up your skirt and get off the PC bandwagon, you make me wanna slap some freedom into ya. Not that I would as starting an altercation goes against any form of common sense being that we are armed, but PC-ness is at the root of how this country is being not only castrated, but being broken down.

Your other post was over the top though... I captured it before it was deleted.

"This may be harsh, but I had a thought as i drove out of town this past monday heading north on I-29. I remembered those living in a bowl, below sea level and right next to the sea, IN AN AREA BELOW SEA LEVEL RIGHT NEXT TO THE OCEAN AND RIGHT NEXT TO A HUGE LAKE, BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE LAKE WATER AS WELL. New Orleans. ...Get my point? I can't even say (type) it here cause it just sounds like something that someone would say simply to raise blood pressures. You know tho, what my thought was that day and deep inside you must agree with it on some level."

"it just sounds like something that someone would say simply to raise blood pressures"

and it was just that.

Sounds like you were asking for it, and you got it

Troll,

I looked at your profile. You just joined today and your 2 posts here were not only your first, but your only. Let me guess, you are a member (if not mngmnt) at NFOA and saw your beloved forum moderator needing some help. You joined here, just to say nanny-nanny-boo-boo to simply bring some credibility, or try to, to the NFOA after their narrowmindedness and PC alignment was exposed. ...Am I right?

You cannot convince me that my posts were over the top. What WAS over the top is the demonstrated hyper-sensitivity that the NFOA moderator has. Political correctness and a misguided sense of moral superiority is what I consider to be "over the top" and that NFOA moderator, and you, are flying high.

Ist amendment has nothing to do with spewing crap on a website.

You are no more free to do that here than you are in my living room.

Read this forums rules and you will see that your post on NFOA about illegal CCW is a violation and would have been deleted if you had posted it here, or at least you should have been warned about it.

Nope I am just an long time Nebraska guy and saw your post in a google search. Since I remember your posts I thought I would set the record straight.

Otherwise your not worth much of my time

troll hunter:240594 said:
Nope I am just an long time Nebraska guy and saw your post in a google search. Since I remember your posts I thought I would set the record straight.

Something stinks here.

Tuts40 posts in June that his post was deleted. You show up in November saying "ooh yeah, I recorded that post in June....that I didn't know was going to be deleted but it did get deleted and I have it.". Please clarify if I'm wrong in this.

So you claim that you randomly googled your forum and found a post from the person that you had randomly recorded not knowing it would be deleted. GOOD GOD MAN LET'S GO TO VEGAS! Because you are the most lucky man on earth...... Or you lie like a rug.... A very cheap crappy rug.

Troll Hunter 'friend requested' me. Sorry Troll, I prefer those demostrating over time a commitment to freedom, a certain "honesty" over time in regard to thier beliefs, the beliefs being a love of freedom in regard to our Bill of Rights. A bowing toward political correctness shows me that you are not of that thinking.

Take your friend request to the ACLU or MoveOn.org, they would likely be more receptive to you.

I forgot to include this idea in my post up there: If I am not worth "much of your time" then why friend request me? Do you treat all your friends as not worthy of your time?

If you publically rebuke your political correctness and on this forum show you are sorry and that you repent for your support of NFOA and thier apparent adoration of all things NOT freedom oriented, and if you apologize for your lack of respect for the right to speak openly and plainly, and you show real remorse for siding with those that would have us very carefully pick and choose what we can and cannot say, I might, just might, maybe accept your next friend request. Till then, please research the ideas of "Freedom versus politcal correctness" and "friends don't let friends act PC".

Ist amendment has nothing to do with spewing crap on a website.

You are no more free to do that here than you are in my living room.

Read this forums rules and you will see that your post on NFOA about illegal CCW is a violation and would have been deleted if you had posted it here, or at least you should have been warned about it.

Anybody care to do some of the heavy lifting on this one? I've had too much fun already with this guy's silliness, I'll share.

So your an admitted unconvicted Felon?

Tut,

From one of your posts on the NFOA forum;

"If lives, including your own, are in danger and innocent lives could be saved by taking action with a handgun, why would you not want one with you? Did you really go the the event unarmed? I bet not. I'd hope not. After all, if your life was about to be taken by a knife or gun wielding thug at a gathering of sheeples, would you rather be a (illegal) law following victim or a (illegal) law breaker that saves your own life? I either do not go at all to these things or i go armed. Period. It pisses me off when people think that following illegal laws and potentially placing themselves in further jeopardy is a good or noble thing."

You not only admitted to willfully committing misdemeanor criminal acts, you also confessed to, what is in some instances, a chargable felony. Further you chastized others for failure to aid and abet you in the commission of these criminal offenses.

Do the laws need to be changed? Yes!

Is the Felonious Civil Disobediance you advocate the answer? No!

Tell me how it helps "The Cause" or gets laws changed, for members of the NFOA forum or this one for that matter to be convicted of felonies. Felonies that will prevent you from legally owning a firearm for the rest of your life?

No, you do not have the Right to say anything you want on the NFOA or any other forum. The NFOA is a PRIVATE forum as is this one. The creators established rules of conduct that you agreed to when you registered as a member.

If you violate those rules by admitting to, encouraging and critisizing others for not joining you in the wilfull commission of a felony you will be suspended or banned.

That the moderator chose to ban you for thirty days is in my opinion less than a slap on the wrist. I would have banned you for good and penned a post about why you would never be allowed to return.

By the way Tut, my screen name is the same on the NFOA forum as it is here. In 2003 I started what has become the NFOA and I am very humbled by what the all volunteer, no membership fee, grassroots organization has become and accomplished.

Not one person has personally profited from any money raised by the NFOA and members contribute thousands of volunteer hours annually. Hours that have changed the laws in Nebraska for the better.

In truth the NFOA does not need individuals, such as yourself, that participate in or advocate criminal behavior that will tear down all of the positive progress that has been made in the last 8 years.

Tut,

From one of your posts on the NFOA forum;

"If lives, including your own, are in danger and innocent lives could be saved by taking action with a handgun, why would you not want one with you? Did you really go the the event unarmed? I bet not. I'd hope not. After all, if your life was about to be taken by a knife or gun wielding thug at a gathering of sheeples, would you rather be a (illegal) law following victim or a (illegal) law breaker that saves your own life? I either do not go at all to these things or i go armed. Period. It pisses me off when people think that following illegal laws and potentially placing themselves in further jeopardy is a good or noble thing."

You not only admitted to willfully committing misdemeanor criminal acts, you also confessed to, what is in some instances, a chargable felony. Further you chastized others for failure to aid and abet you in the commission of these criminal offenses.

Do the laws need to be changed? Yes!

Is the Felonious Civil Disobediance you advocate the answer? No!

Tell me how it helps "The Cause" or gets laws changed, for members of the NFOA forum or this one for that matter to be convicted of felonies. Felonies that will prevent you from legally owning a firearm for the rest of your life?

No, you do not have the Right to say anything you want on the NFOA or any other forum. The NFOA is a PRIVATE forum as is this one. The creators established rules of conduct that you agreed to when you registered as a member.

If you violate those rules by admitting to, encouraging and critisizing others for not joining you in the wilfull commission of a felony you will be suspended or banned.

That the moderator chose to ban you for thirty days is in my opinion less than a slap on the wrist. I would have banned you for good and penned a post about why you would never be allowed to return.

By the way Tut, my screen name is the same on the NFOA forum as it is here. In 2003 I started what has become the NFOA and I am very humbled by what the all volunteer, no membership fee, grassroots organization has become and accomplished.

Not one person has personally profited from any money raised by the NFOA and members contribute thousands of volunteer hours annually. Hours that have changed the laws in Nebraska for the better.

In truth the NFOA does not need individuals, such as yourself, that participate in or advocate criminal behavior that will tear down all of the positive progress that has been made in the last 8 years.

Thank you for your response. Take a moment, close your eyes, in through the nose, out through the mouth. There, better? OK...

I did NOT say I went to THAT or any other SPECIFIC event or location armed, while such event or location had anti-gun signage and therefore did NOT admit to any specific crime. I stated I would either not go, or I would go armed (if I ever did go). Nice try, but you can exhale now.

The work NFOA does on behalf of the Nebraska gun owner is impressive, no doubt, and your organization as a whole is commendable. My problem is with the forum and the moderator with the heavy subscription to all things PC. I did not read any rules at the NFOA forum about likening those locally living in a flood plain to those living below sea level right next to the ocean. Nor the rule dictating that the members should not point out the managements allegiance to all things politically correct. I knew I was not going to be in his good graces by doing so. No, it was no surprise to me he locked me out for 30 days as calling out such behavior of management never goes unpunished...

My belief that laws violating the Bill of Rights are illegal should not be a problem for anyone else and yes changing those laws should continue to be something we all participate in.

As far as the forum at NFOA being private and they should be allowed to dictated what offends their PC sensibilities well, you have a point. Just like any anti-gun location or any other 'place' I have the choice to be there or not and I haven't been back to the overly sensitively managed forum since the PC burdened moderator punished me for calling out his PC-ness (you missed that quote as he likely deleted it) and putting me on a 30 day 'suspension'. It's a shame that a leading firearm rights group in my state, in my opinion, supports or bows down to the very weapon many use in attempting to inflict gun control - political correctness.

We differ here, that's ok, there is no shame in it. As for me, i do not apologize for what I typed at that forum. I still believe I and (most) anyone, and that should be another topic elsewhere, should go armed everywhere they go. I did NOT say, just then in the previous sentence, that I DO go armed everywhere despite signage, for those desiring another chance to confuse what was said with the admission of a "crime". I said that I and (most) everyone should go armed wherever they go. If I choose, however, to go armed everywhere despite signage, I will not admit it publicly now or in the future! That is an opinion. Violent criminals do not care what sign is where or what event or area disallows guns. Well, actually they prefer to "work" in such areas! Columbine, Virginia Tech, the post office that gave us the saying "going postal", Westroads mall, etc. Yeah, I can avoid such locations, and many likely do. That's ok.

By the way, at NFOA a paper of mine was published at the site and I appreciate it. "Lessons Unlearned from the Westroads Shooting". It can be found by going to nebraskafirearms.org and searching "westroads" on the home page. Oh, good to see that Rod M. is working with you. I purchased my G22 from him and some other stuff awhile back. Good guy indeed.

Please read the following paragraph twice:

If some evil gun toting CCW permit holder had been at Von Maur that day and shot that kid dead thus saving lives, do you really think he or she would be prosecuted? Maybe, likely not. Either way, and the laws be damned, the saving of lives would have been the best and most honorable thing that person would have likely done in their lifetime...

I appreciate your opinions, gunscribe, and hope you are having a great day today on this sunny and unseasonably warm Sunday.

nyfireams has a similar problem with insecure moderators. They simply can't deal with anything that doesn't represent their perception of the general consensus of forum participants. It's just a maturity issue, not really a freedom of speech issue.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back