NFL players disrespectful taking a knee during National Anthem

opsspec1991

The lowest paid NFL player gets $2 million a year and these millionaires are out there saying they feel oppressed. Give me a break. This disrespectful taking a knee when the National anthem is played and the American flag is presented has to stop right now. At least Jerry Jones of the Cowboys has told the players that if they take a knee, their ass is off the team, good for him.
They need to go down on both knees and say a prayer to thank God they can live in a country that has given them so much.
As a 20 year military veteran I find these disrespectful actions by these NFL players to be uncalled for in the max.
Link Removed

Bill Amsden

I don't disagree with what either of you said, prior to 2009 it was not required for NFL players to be present for the National Anthem. A quick Google search pulled up articles describing in 2009 the NFL was paid X amount of dollars by our government for the players to be present for the National Anthem to show patriotism, I won't say this is true but if it is it's BS . Don't know if our government is still paying this or not even if it is true but it needs to stop. I haven't watched a game since about the second week last year and I won't watch another, EVER. Let the sorry bastards stay in the locker room during the playing of the National Anthem. Thinking the NFL is going to regret letting this kind of activity take place.

B

Bikenut

If the team owners (the player's employers) are Ok with it then the players are being allowed to take a knee while earning their pay. But the team owner's rely on ticket and memorabilia sales plus advertising dollars to pay those players and make a profit so, just like it is a good thing to not shop at a store with a no guns policy and let the store owner know why, it would be a good thing to not attend the games and let the team owner know why along with letting any and all advertisers know what you think of their advertising dollars supporting teams that allow the players to use the National Anthem as a vehicle to showcase their social justice agenda.

opsspec1991

Role models still exist in sports. There is a reason rodeo has so many Patriotic Americans. Unlike the pathetic spoiled whiny UN-Patriotic football players who are cashing multi million dollar checks saying life is not fair to them. Most of the people in that picture will ride and not make any money for their efforts. But they still Thank God and this Country for everything they are blessed with before every Rodeo.
Link Removed

S&W29

Banned
Trump logic. Just so we're clear.

a28b469804ba89e6e6ea7ef5716f479d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Link Removed

corneileous

Unfortunately they have that right to protest.... I’m not sure how that pans out with those players considering that they aren’t “players” at all, they’re employees being paid for a service at a job but, I just think they’re going about their protest the wrong way. Who gives a crap what Trump said about thinking the “players” should be fired for kneeling. For one that’s his opinion and two, they have every right to protest but, protest Trump. Dishonoring the flag by kneeling during the National Anthem isn’t getting their point across. It’s disrespecting the country they live in and disrespecting the rights that we all have thanks all the soldiers who died for those rights, is what they’re doing by protesting Trump.

It’s just funny how people are so misguided into thinking that kneeling for the Anthem is a lash-out to Trump and republicans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

opsspec1991

Just so we're clear, President Trump was referring to the other people that were against the removal of the civil war statutes at the protest, not the neo-Nazis that were there, that your post want’s to project, he even said so in a news conference. Your post is a false statement and an outright lie.

opsspec1991

NFL RULES!!
The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the league rulebook. It states:
“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
“During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”
My Thoughts:
So the question is, why isn’t the NFL implementing this rule and subjecting these NFL players to the repercussions of this rule?

niceshootintex

At least someone takes our flag and National Anthem seriously. Good for him.
Link Removed
Ops. Not a real statement from Jerry Jones. Originally falsely attributed to Jerry Jones, then Clark Hunt owner of the Chiefs, and was then debunked by numerous sources. I don't believe Jones actually said this. The lame stream media would have it all over the various commie rags if it were.

The Place to Be

XD40scinNC

Ops. Not a real statement from Jerry Jones. Originally falsely attributed to Jerry Jones, then Clark Hunt owner of the Chiefs, and was then debunked by numerous sources. I don't believe Jones actually said this. The lame stream media would have it all over the various commie rags if it were.

The Place to Be

Oh nos, don't tell me that Ops posted false information...... again.

For the record Ops, not that you pay any attention to facts, what he said was;
"I feel very strongly that everyone should save that moment for the recognition of the flag in a positive way, so I like the way the Cowboys do it."
because up to the point he said that, not a single player had taken a knee. https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/08/22/jerry-jones-feels-strongly-players-protest-anthem-like-way-cowboys

S&W29

Banned
Just so we're clear, President Trump was referring to the other people that were against the removal of the civil war statutes at the protest, not the neo-Nazis that were there, that your post want’s to project, he even said so in a news conference. Your post is a false statement and an outright lie.

If you march with Nazis, you support Nazis. It really is that simple. If you march with Nazis, if you support Nazis, you ARE NOT A NICE ****ING PERSON!

Tell me, if BLM isn't doing it right in protest of continued police brutality and institutional racism because you think they just want to riot and you want them to protest peacfully. How can you criticize Colin Kapernick and others for protesting police brutality and institutional racism peacfully and respectfully before a game?

After all, this flag protest movement was started by him Mr. Kapernick as a peaceful and respectful protest of the same issue.

Bottom line, paid employee or not, public celebrity or not, if you respect the flag and what it stands for, you also respect the right to protest that same symbol when the government is brutalizing the same citizens they've sworn to protect.

But SNOWFLAKES and fake patriots don't want to hear that. It harshes their false patriotic vibe man!

corneileous

Ok, so let’s ignorantly show our aggravation and protest the country and basically say FU to the Flag and the Anthem for something Trump did/said.... or what a cop did.... Gotcha. Makes perfect sense now....[emoji106]

S&W29

Banned
Ok, so let’s ignorantly show our aggravation and protest the country and basically say FU to the Flag and the Anthem for something Trump did/said.... or what a cop did.... Gotcha. Makes perfect sense now....[emoji106]

When that disrespect falls across multiple agencies, and multiple levels of government, with statistical proof of bias in the system, and the problems aren't being addressed. ABSOLUTELY!

That is exactly what protest is for.

driz

Well you got the lower part of the comment right at least. As for the first part that's just convenient liberal propaganda.
Let these overpaid self important bozos promote their issues on their own damned time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S&W29

Banned
Well you got the lower part of the comment right at least. As for the first part that's just convenient liberal propaganda.
Let these overpaid self important bozos promote their issues on their own damned time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then don't watch football.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avageorge013