Newspaper Posting Requirement (NCC)

mark56de

Has anyone lately gone through the newspaper notification requirement in New Castle County for the CCW?

I am assuming that the News Journal would suffice to meet the requirement, but am not sure.

Also, is there suggested wording for the advertisement?

Many thanks,

Mark

Yes. New Castle County. Delaware requires that an applicant advertise their intent to apply. However, I wasn't sure what the posting had to say. I was hoping to find an example to follow.

Found my own answer

I was able to find public notices that appear to meet the Delaware requirements. The wording was very consistent from advertisement to advertisement

LEGAL NOTICE
RE: DEADLY WEAPON
I, <full name>. residing at <address including ZIP Code> will make application to the judges of the superior court of the State of Delaware in and for New Castle County at Wilmington for the next term for a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon, or weapons, for the protection of my person(s), or property, or both.

<full name>
<date>

I found it at

Link Removed

using "concealed" in the search word box.

Mark

I was able to find public notices that appear to meet the Delaware requirements. The wording was very consistent from advertisement to advertisement

LEGAL NOTICE
I, <full name>. residing at <address including ZIP Code> will make application to the judges of the superior court of the State of Delaware in and for New Castle County at Wilmington for the next term for a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon, or weapons, for the protection of my person(s), or property, or both.

<full name>
<date>

I found it at

Link Removed

Mark

WTF kind of crap is that? Way to make yourself a target for the ANTI's!!!, I just looked up DE in my travel guide and it seems that there more or less gun friendly over all but damn, Is that only New Castle that pulls that? DE has preemption.

It is what it is.

As has been mentioned at least twice, people think this is a dumb law. However, it is the law.

It doesn't help to complain about the law here and say nothing to the people that make the laws.

We are all fond of saying that the law only hurts law-abiding, responsible citizens, and does nothing for the criminal. It's true, but if you're a law-abiding citizen, you'll comply with the law.

Delaware is a "may issue" state, so one will need to have an immaculate application. If you don't want to do the newspaper posting, don't apply for the permit. On the other hand, Delaware is (in theory) an open carry state, and you don't need to comply with the newspaper posting requirement to do that.

It could be worse. In Illinois (I think, but could be wrong), a judge is allowing a freedom of information act request from a newspaper for a listing of all individuals with permit, which includes address information.

I've finally filed application for the CCDW in Delaware. The newspaper posting requirement was perhaps the easiest (but not cheapest) part of the process. For my ZIP code, I had to post with the News Journal. They have a person that seems to just do legal type stuff. She knew exactly what was needed, and I was able have the notice posted within days. I suspect other papers also have people whose responsibility it is to do legal notices, and it should be fairly easy there also.

As has been mentioned at least twice, people think this is a dumb law. However, it is the law.

It doesn't help to complain about the law here and say nothing to the people that make the laws.

We are all fond of saying that the law only hurts law-abiding, responsible citizens, and does nothing for the criminal. It's true, but if you're a law-abiding citizen, you'll comply with the law.

Delaware is a "may issue" state, so one will need to have an immaculate application. If you don't want to do the newspaper posting, don't apply for the permit. On the other hand, Delaware is (in theory) an open carry state, and you don't need to comply with the newspaper posting requirement to do that.

It could be worse. In Illinois (I think, but could be wrong), a judge is allowing a freedom of information act request from a newspaper for a listing of all individuals with permit, which includes address information.

The legislature (to their credit) managed to get a law signed by our brain-dead sock-puppet governor that keeps the FOID (Firearm Owner's Identification card) information "private."

(sigh)
Indeed; you caught me.
To the many sock puppets I may have offended, I sincerely apologize. I was merely attempting to give the man an extra benefit of the doubt. He is as corrupt and brain damaged as the man he replaced; both are the rule, rather than the exception for politicians in Illinois; their ineptitude and level of suckage is beyond description to those living in other states.

lol

Yes Delaware has had this requirment forever, Remember its a very small State which stays true to its heritage by allowing open carry,Del is the 1st State, they have no sales tax in the state and property taxes are literally 1/5th of New Jersey, This is why by July my family wil be geading 20 miles south outta NJ and into the State of Del, a state who has The Death Penalty on the Books By Foring Sqaud still , No Joke, maybe crown Jewell of NE.... I own a 3500 sq ft house in NJ, alotted on 1 acre, currently my Annual property Taxes are $11,600,We will relocate to Middletown in New Castle Cty, house ia being Built and hopefully June 1 is move date, 4500Sq Ft house, seated on 6 Acre lot, Ill be taking a Mortgae for $375k putting 20% dwn, My House now jas a $300k Mort, my paymnt will be $600 less a month cause my taxes w 6 Acres of privacy is $4200 Annually, it was such a break, I clda bought a 6500 Sq Ft Mansion on 1 Acre and paymnt had to be refigured twice cauae i thought it was a joke, Prop values are less in Del but its the Taxes that kill NJ, its unreal here, and The Kindergartners only hace half days atill in NJ, wy taxes that get embezzled uaed a graft or pay a salary to someone who is related to mayor and is getting Paid a great salary and can barely follow verbal instructs.. My state needs to simply start over, Politicians are the problem, sayin ill donate my $25 k salary and all sudden guy is buying Land in diff counties and nvr donates and double dips, we have a County Admin who was given a 5 year $1mill contract and we have 400k residents, he makea 30k more then the Gov, rumored to have had Pics of a State Senator w his Chief Of Staff whose salary is a 140k cause she has 2 positions abd her Daddy i pres of Carpentars Union, senators dad is head of Iron workers union and they get all no bid contracts, this is root of NJ issues

LEGAL NOTICE

<full name>
<date>

I found it at

Link Removed

Mark

Does this fulfill the delaware ccw requirements 100%???

giving your address not only makes you a target for the Anti's but letting the local community and criminals know where to find guns. Very counter productive. Totally taking the 'conceal" out of the process.

Illinois does not have a carry right for any civilian at all. The case was in Ohio. They publish a complete list for all who want it

giving your address not only makes you a target for the Anti's but letting the local community and criminals know where to find guns. Very counter productive. Totally taking the 'conceal" out of the process.

I've not heard from any "Antis" from my posting. The only thing I can attribute to my posting was a postcard from a instructor for a training class. As for criminals finding guns, since mine are properly secured in a safe, even if they found them, they couldn't get to them.

I think you miss the point of "concealed." It means concealed on your person. As Delaware has provision for open carry, I suggest you pursue that route, if you don't want to meet all the requirements.

Paranoia doesn't add to the acceptance of the concealed carried practice. I also suggest that one also develop other skills - perhaps less-than-lethal, perhaps not - to have a range of options and not be in the situation found in Florida. I'm not saying it was a bad shoot, but there might have been a different way to handle the situation.

wow that is a bit ridiculous to have to publish your intent to carry..........i wonder how many criminals search that looking for homes to burgle knowing they may have guns they can rob in them
:eek::eek:

Hello. When I went through the process for Kent county, all I had to do was show up to the newspaper's office and ask for an ad for my CCW permit requirement. They took care of the ad; all I had to do was show some ID and pay for it. The newspaper gave me a receipt for the CCW permit paperwork requirement, and mailed me a newspaper for the day my ad ran.

I hope that helps in some way.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back