News Of Interest

I read the law.com article. I wonder how that woman was able to find a lawyer to represent her on a pro-bono basis.
NC denies it's citizens their 2nd amendment rights without any due process what so ever. I would like to sue NC over this, but I am not rich.

Here's a couple of recent articles I thought may interest some. It's good to see Georgians keeping up the fight.

Law.com - Woman Sues Former Employer Over Gun Policy

Armed Protestors Defend the Constitution - 11Alive.com | WXIA | Atlanta, GA

Woman will most likely lose the lawsuit since the only protection she could claim is 16-11-135 and it doesn't apply to possessing a firearm in a vehicle while conducting company business.

The RTC guys may have good intentions but I don't care for their methods or incorrect things posted directly on their website Restore The Constitution

For example, their rules for the "rally" included no loaded rifles, chamber flags required, and open carry encouraged of holstered handguns if they possess a "Georgia Firearms License" which no longer exists as SB-308 changed it to a Georgia Weapons License.

Kevin Patrick asked for donations as little as "$17.87, for the year of ratification" though the Constitution wasn't ratified until June of 1780 (something you'd think a "Constitutionalist" would know).

The whole thing seems fairly unorganized and unprofessional on it's front. Maybe they are doing a lot that I haven't heard of but their blog doesn't tell me much they've done/accomplished.

If you live in Georgia I would highly recommend Georgia Carry : An information clearinghouse for Georgia Firearms License issues and news as a group that is making real changes and doing more than having a gathering on the news. I am a member and do recruiting for them after joining based on the record of the organization. If you have any questions regarding what we have or are currently doing to restore 2nd Amendment rights in Georgia feel free to send me a P.M. I know georgiacarry.org was heavily involved with SB-308 and other bills to restore our rights as well as many court cases filed or filed with others to overturn policies and legislation and for that I joined and help when I can.

Woman will most likely lose the lawsuit since the only protection she could claim is 16-11-135 and it doesn't apply to possessing a firearm in a vehicle while conducting company business.

The RTC guys may have good intentions but I don't care for their methods or incorrect things posted directly on their website Restore The Constitution

For example, their rules for the "rally" included no loaded rifles, chamber flags required, and open carry encouraged of holstered handguns if they possess a "Georgia Firearms License" which no longer exists as SB-308 changed it to a Georgia Weapons License.

Kevin Patrick asked for donations as little as "$17.87, for the year of ratification" though the Constitution wasn't ratified until June of 1780 (something you'd think a "Constitutionalist" would know).

The whole thing seems fairly unorganized and unprofessional on it's front. Maybe they are doing a lot that I haven't heard of but their blog doesn't tell me much they've done/accomplished.

If you live in Georgia I would highly recommend Georgia Carry : An information clearinghouse for Georgia Firearms License issues and news as a group that is making real changes and doing more than having a gathering on the news. I am a member and do recruiting for them after joining based on the record of the organization. If you have any questions regarding what we have or are currently doing to restore 2nd Amendment rights in Georgia feel free to send me a P.M. I know georgiacarry.org was heavily involved with SB-308 and other bills to restore our rights as well as many court cases filed or filed with others to overturn policies and legislation and for that I joined and help when I can.

I have been a member of GCO for a few years and recommend it to anyone living in Georgia and interested in firearms. They have been at the forefront of many good changes to Georgia's firearms laws. The organization in the second article is not really a firearms rights group but a "get back to the Constitution" group. A little difference.

She violated company policy. Georgia is a right to work state and dosen't need a reason to fire her. If she violated their policy then she should be terminated.

She violated company policy. Georgia is a right to work state and dosen't need a reason to fire her. If she violated their policy then she should be terminated.

Where did she violate their policy. The guard asked if she was carrying any firearms and her response was yes. She was asked to park elsewhere and she did. She did not enter the property and did as she was instructed. I agree she does have a "right to work".

I'd like to see her win the case, because she should have the right to protect herself. That is sorry Company policy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back